Engine replacing Balance Shaft

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Barnsh

Re: Engine replacing Balance Shaft

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 am

Casper-S3 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:57 am
So i'm currently in a lawsuit with JLR reaging the issue as i believe they have a duty of disclosure about the issue. Have at look at this response attached.
The utter disdain JLR treat their customers with is there for all to see.

To be fair , JLR have probably called many of their customers idiots behind our backs , you just happen to have caught them out .

Take them to the cleaners !
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Casper-S3

Post by Casper-S3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 am

It goes even deeper than simply being called an idiot. Yesterday i received an email citing a letter of demand created by their lawyers dated 10/05/2018, a letter me nor my solicitor had seen before. The email was instruction that because i had not responded to the LOD there loan car would be collected that day, and my broken car would have towed to my premise.

The letter was dated 10/05/2018
the final date for response was COB 09/05/2018??? (-1 days’ notice)
and when we dug into the PDF, we could see it was created 10min before they sent the email to me yesterday and was a template used from another case.

This company is verging on criminal actions, and I’m not going to let them get away with it.

PDF.png

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 am

That's only the PDF that was created on 8th, not necessarily the Word document it was created from. I don't think you can put too much weight on that. The missing letter could have been printed and posted, scanned previously or generated from Word previously, etc.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Casper-S3

Post by Casper-S3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:53 am

Dashnine wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 am
That's only the PDF that was created on 8th, not necessarily the Word document it was created from. I don't think you can put too much weight on that. The missing letter could have been printed and posted, scanned previously or generated from Word previously, etc.
Agree, however if they are quoting that exact letter as the one issued, i don't think it would look good to see that the letter was a recreation from the original. Who knows what changes could have been made. As i understand it that is why PDF is used.

They are yet to reply to my solicitor, and they didn't enforce there statements. Next week should be interesting.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 am

That reminds me of another case where JLR collected their curtesy car from a customers driveway without even knocking on the door of the house.

They took with the car their keys and baby buggy and other personal items in it I believe.

The customer thought the car was stolen and reported this to Thames Valley Police!

You couldn’t make this sh1t up!
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 am

Casper-S3 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 am
It goes even deeper than simply being called an idiot. Yesterday i received an email citing a letter of demand created by their lawyers dated 10/05/2018, a letter me nor my solicitor had seen before. The email was instruction that because i had not responded to the LOD there loan car would be collected that day, and my broken car would have towed to my premise.

The letter was dated 10/05/2018
the final date for response was COB 09/05/2018??? (-1 days’ notice)
and when we dug into the PDF, we could see it was created 10min before they sent the email to me yesterday and was a template used from another case.

This company is verging on criminal actions, and I’m not going to let them get away with it.
Oh dear , please watch out for the
“If you remove all your public posts we can come to an agreement statement”
I had that , my solicitor pointed out that this was harassment and denial of my human and contractural rights :lol: :x :lol: :lol:
Both Uk consumer law , and Australian ACL ( consumer law) prohibit any gagging clauses to be used. They are in contradiction of your rights.
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail ... 8f701ac3d9
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 am

Yet another unbelievable story. Oh wait a minute of course it’s JLR so it is in fact believable.

There are so many words that come to mind to describe what I’ve read about this and other similar situations that if I were to list them all I’d probably overload the server Rob uses :o
Gone

ds18

Balance shaft again!

Post by ds18 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:41 am

Hi
I am an Australian member and bought my DS Sport HSE Lux back in December.
Apart from a couple of minor software issues I am happy with the car except for this one issue.
Balance shaft was replaced a couple of months ago but now the same whine noise above 1800rpm has returned.
Took it to local dealer (not who I purchased through) who tested and agreed with me on noise. Apparently JLR now ask the dealers to record the sound and send to UK. This was done and I am awaiting result.
I can only assume it will be another replacement and that is obviously a concern if it keeps returning.
Has anyone any suggestions on my approach here. Not sure what the Aussie laws are in respect of rejection.
Any ideas would be welcome.
MY2018 HSE Lux , SD177kw, Pano, HUD, Parking pack, Tyre pressure mon, Adaptive dynamics, lane keep, Adaptive cruise, Blind spot mon, Loadspace storage rails, Blk design pack + 19" black, 2 3rd row seats, Privacy glass, Connect pro, Adapt Xenon.

Barnsh

Re: Balance shaft again!

Post by Barnsh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 am

You should get an engine replacement this time.
I’ll merge your post to the balance shaft thread.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 am

Posts merged
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”