Discovery Sport Forum banner

Random deleting of saved radio stations

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Barnsh 
#1 ·
My MY 18 DS has developed an odd quirk over the last few weeks. It keeps randomly deleting the saved DAB radio stations. I'm not sure if it happens on every restart yet but will check this today. Anybody got any clues before I book in to the Stealer?

#2 ·
It shouldn't, as they are stored in a ROM. Even after a battery disconnection or SW update they should still be stored. Get it in for a check.

#5 ·
My 17MY has now started doing this; It's pretty annoying, to say the least.

Losing radio stations is one thing. Not being able to listen to them on my non-Meridian audio system is something else. :evil:

Worst. Car. Ever.

#8 ·
Happens about every month to me, did on my second car as well. One first you couldn't actually store any stations unless the engine was running! If you are really lucky it also resets all the volumes and sat nav settings back to default.

Long since give up on this car, not premium and actually fairy s*** when you dig below the surface. Roll on September and my new car.

#9 ·
I haven't had this problem on the DS, but have periodically had over the last 5 years or so something on the FL2 (Meridian Sound System 825w) which may/may not correlate.

Randomly, and for no known issue whatsoever, when I turn on the Audio system in that vehicle, my pre-sets display as a bank of 6 boxes filled with ---- in each one. A momentary press of each box not only tunes to the previously stored station, it also restores the station name over the dashes. I have to go through this palava every couple of months...some on Freel2 think its battery charge related, but given that I keep mine on a C-tek trickle charger when not in use find that somewhat hard to believe.

Just as a matter of interest, what exactly does your screen display (or not as the case maybe) and does touching the blanks restore the pre-programmed stations by any chance?

#10 ·
Badgerface said:
I haven't had this problem on the DS, but have periodically had over the last 5 years or so something on the FL2 (Meridian Sound System 825w) which may/may not correlate.

Randomly, and for no known issue whatsoever, when I turn on the Audio system in that vehicle, my pre-sets display as a bank of 6 boxes filled with ---- in each one. A momentary press of each box not only tunes to the previously stored station, it also restores the station name over the dashes. I have to go through this palava every couple of months...some on Freel2 think its battery charge related, but given that I keep mine on a C-tek trickle charger when not in use find that somewhat hard to believe.

Just as a matter of interest, what exactly does your screen display (or not as the case maybe) and does touching the blanks restore the pre-programmed stations by any chance?
Bizarrely, Radio 1 has never been deleted, even though all of the other presets have been! All apart from the first saved station (Radio 1) would show - - - . Tried pressing some of those just now - nothing happens. However, it doesn't seem to have reset again over the last few days so have stored a few stations and will see what happens....

#11 ·
SailorDoc said:
Bizarrely, Radio 1 has never been deleted, even though all of the other presets have been! All apart from the first saved station (Radio 1) would show - - - . Tried pressing some of those just now - nothing happens. However, it doesn't seem to have reset again over the last few days so have stored a few stations and will see what happens....
Shocking - you listen to Radio 1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#12 ·
This deletion of DAB radio stations has happened to me a few times, very random. I mentioned it to the dealer when it was in for it's 1st service a couple of months ago. So far, so good....not sure if they updated anything though, so I expect randomness to continue.

#13 ·
BFGDSMan said:
SailorDoc said:
Shocking - you listen to Radio 1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Perhaps it's the Cravats favorite station after all he seems to influence an awful lot of things in the company ;)

#14 ·
This random dussapearing if settings was discussed on here a while back , it was put down to the SD card not being firmly in place on the ICT systems.
Your settings are stored on the SD card I am led to believe from other reports.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.