Discovery Sport Forum banner

No Sat nav SD card port

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Badgerface 
#1 ·
Hi

i have a 64 plate Discovery sport HSE which i purchased recently after an incident with my evoque
my issue is the sat nav used to get updated with the evoque everytime it was servicced, but looks like the disco sport hasn't
ive been looking and supposedly it can be updated using the SD card port, however i haven't got one in my cubby hole
all i have is the AUX,USB,Power et.c bu no SD card port

can anyone help?

thanks

#2 ·
I may be wrong but I thought that the HSE had the Touch Pro system (I think that's what it's called) in which case it's presumably updated via a CD and has no SD card port.

#5 ·
Touch has SD card, standard on HSE, Touch Pro is CD (?) based, also has widescreen (almost full width of air vents), option on HSE.

#8 ·
Online 2015 manual says it's a hard drive for navigation, so I'm guessing this is a usb or cd update for it , it's a Navteq system.

#9 ·
Ok, what you have is the old pro system (cd player) that used to be fitted in the RRE/DS before in control pro came along, which is an HDD system and in your case the massive Meridian surround system upgrade (hence the cd/dvd player, speakers in the roof in the boot and dual screen (top button down on the right)). Your map will look like that in the RRE before in control was fitted (all basic and fairly straight lines everywhere). Update is via CD slot with a new dvd. So map is rubbish but the music is awesome, I had this in my RRE

This system was replaced by pro about half way through MY16 I think.

Simples.....

#11 ·
#12 ·
You have the CD player that was a £2000 option!

Nice.

BB

#14 ·
InControl Touch Plus is what you have fitted, more commonly known as GEN 2.1

Map updates are done via a USB stick. You can purchase the stick and code yourself, or your dealer should have the stick and you will need to get a code from them

Update takes about 2 and a half hours!

#16 ·
Wayne'o said:
Thanks

Just contacted LR dealer just told me it will be £220
Try either our site sponsor, Duckworths, or alternatively a trader is selling genuine USB 2017 map updates (2018 not released by HERE yet) on eBay for £85 IIRC.

You will need to supply your VIN number to activate the USB, which will come without retail packaging. I have the Gen2.1 in my Freelander and used this trader earlier this year without any problems whatsoever. Incidentally, your dealer is striping you - you can buy the USB directly from HERE for this system for £169.

http://landrover.navigation.com/product-list/Catalog/Catalog_Freelander_2_2014/en_GB/LandRoverEMEA/GBP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.