Dynamic side door mouldings

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
chill

Dynamic side door mouldings

Post by chill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

I am not normally a fan of side steps/skirts, but i am loving the new DS Dynamic lower side door mouldings - they seem to give the car a much fatter/deepr finished look without compromising the ground clearance.

lower door.JPG

Has anyone had these retrofitted? of fitted some themselves? any idea on part costs etc?
would be interested to see some close up pics or side by sides if anyone has them.

D3GGY

Re: Dynamic side door mouldings

Post by D3GGY » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:44 pm

chill wrote:I am not normally a fan of side steps/skirts, but i am loving the new DS Dynamic lower side door mouldings - they seem to give the car a much fatter/deepr finished look without compromising the ground clearance.
lower door.JPG
Has anyone had these retrofitted? of fitted some themselves? any idea on part costs etc?
would be interested to see some close up pics or side by sides if anyone has them.
They look nice. Want them
HSE Lux Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel. Delivered 14/3/17 :D

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:44 am

Can they actually be retrofitted? It seems as though they are an integrated part of the door sills although it’s difficult to be sure from the photo.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

D3GGY

Post by D3GGY » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Chippy wrote:Can they actually be retrofitted? It seems as though they are an integrated part of the door sills although it’s difficult to be sure from the photo.
I think they replace the grey plastic strip on the bottom of the door.
HSE Lux Corris Grey with adaptive headlights, camera pack, incontrol remote, all terrain progress control, reduced spare wheel. Delivered 14/3/17 :D

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Ah yes I hadn’t thought of that. You’re no doubt right.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Mav71

Post by Mav71 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Yes, they are an easy swap. At retail, all six parts are about £480. Just paint then and clip them on.

I mentioned 6 parts as the front lower section are part of the front wheel arch trim. So the whole lot needs replacing. I did a set on a friends earlier this year.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”