Discovery Sport Forum banner

What colours look dull at times...

9K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Barnsh 
#1 ·
We're hopefully placing an order September and have been perusing colour choices. We quite like the scotia grey but in cloudy skies seems to go dull.
There's not any colour really that makes us go wow, except I love the orange but better half :eek: ...and I wouldn't be brave enough.

So do your personal colours look at all dull in overcast skies?

#2 ·
Hi
Welcome to the forum, I like orange but wasnt brave enough either so I had scotia grey on my first DS it's a nice colour.
Sadly I had to reject that car so I rethought orange again ......but still wasn't brave enough ....so I went for Firenze red looks good in sun and cloud.

#3 ·
I think a black contrast roof always make it looks better! Orange with black roof is definetely the coolest color combo! I would have loved it! My como is also ok but maybe a bit conservative? The Firenze red or Loire blue is also very nice!

Go for a color if you can choose!

#4 ·
I'd go for the colour that's acceptable to both your better half and yourself and not worry too much about what it might look like when the skies are overcast. Unless you live somewhere where the sun never shines that is.

#5 ·
If you like orange then any colour with grey in the title will always look a bit dull! Went for Scotia Grey myself because every other DS was seemed to be Corris Grey, I like the way it changes colour in different light and am very pleased with it.
Also think the blacked out rear glass makes a big difference to how the car looks.

#6 ·
I had a Firenze Red with black roof Evoque, a lovely contrast, when I bought my DS after having the last two cars a version of red I decided for a change, so went for the Kaikoura Stone option as it was a bit different and liked the colour, my next one I would probably go for one of the greys, some of them are nice, or even go back to Firenze red, maybe with a black pack, decisions, decisions :)

#9 ·
This is a very interesting topic as I had the same dilemna when I was ordering my car. I liked a lot of the darker colours in the showroom but out on the road, especially when a bit dirty the car looked too dark for me.
I eventually went for white as I do like a lot of cars in white but we already have 3 white cars in the family!!

I did like the orange a lot but my wife said she would kill me if I ordered that colour.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Dashnine said:
Pinkdawn said:
Hi Bolt

Can you please tell me if this is a true representation of scotia grey

Thank you
Have a look at:
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2605&p=26362&hilit=scotia#p26251
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2545&hilit=scotia
[/https://www.discosportforums.co.u...opic.php?f=10&t=943&p=9197&hilit=scotia#p9197
Think there's a different spread of photos to show it in different lights / conditions.
Interesting, a lot darker

#13 ·
Hi all, first time post but I am considering a kaikoura stone HSE lux but am unsure about the colour. Always had greys and blacks before so quite adventurous for me. It has the vintage tan leather and upgraded black alloys and lettering, not a full black pack. Just wondered what the views were on this colour as not sure. Sometimes its looks gold then greyish depending on the light. Thanks Simon.

#14 ·
Kaikoura is a nice colour, but beware the Tan leather....it's the hardest interior colour to shift when you need to move it on.

It's not dissimilar to what was known as Zanizibar on its predecessor (FL2), and as rare as hens teeth on UK specc'd vehicles.

#15 ·
Allen1707 said:
Hi all, first time post but I am considering a kaikoura stone HSE lux but am unsure about the colour. Always had greys and blacks before so quite adventurous for me. It has the vintage tan leather and upgraded black alloys and lettering, not a full black pack. Just wondered what the views were on this colour as not sure. Sometimes its looks gold then greyish depending on the light. Thanks Simon.
I have Kaikoura Stone but with full black leather interior and a light headlining.

#16 ·
I did like the orange when the DS first came out. The new for my18 is a bit dull in comparison and I didn't like it. So choice made for me, no orange, I got Firenza red, which when dirty looks a bit dull, or maybe that was the amount of dirty water on it from the puddles I drive through would make anything look dull.

#17 ·
I'd of loved the orange but wasn't prepared to pay £1500 for paint!

After umming & arring about different colours I'm very happy with the Indus Silver with black roof & wheels etc

#18 ·
I started off with Scotia grey for my first two, DS lovely colour), then went to red ( cause I wasn't brave enough for orange).
I then saw chippys aintree green DS ( called British Racing green on a Jaguar) and chose that on the FPace , sadly that colour is no longer available .

#19 ·
Barnsh said:
I then saw Chippys aintree green DS ( called British Racing green on a Jaguar) and chose that on the FPace , sadly that colour is no longer available .
We can probably put that down to a catastrophic mistake by the "Cravat"😂

#20 ·
Barnsh said:
I started off with Scotia grey for my first two, DS lovely colour), then went to red ( cause I wasn't brave enough for orange).
I then saw chippys aintree green DS ( called British Racing green on a Jaguar) and chose that on the FPace , sadly that colour is no longer available .
How are you getting on with the FPace Barnsh? My son-in-law has one and loves it!

#21 ·
Zedman said:
Barnsh said:
How are you getting on with the FPace Barnsh? My son-in-law has one and loves it!
Love it ! I'll do a write up sometime soon, I always wait a while to get to know the car properly. Build is far better than my DS , the drive and handling is amazing for the size of vehicle .

#22 ·
Barnsh said:
Zedman said:
Barnsh said:
Love it ! I'll do a write up sometime soon, I always wait a while to get to know the car properly. Build is far better than my DS , the drive and handling is amazing for the size of vehicle .
Thumbs up!

#23 ·
Barnsh said:
Zedman said:
Barnsh said:
Yes an unbiased write up would be good, thinking of one myself for my next car. Most reviews I have seen to date seem pretty positive I have to say.

#24 ·
Thanks for that information. The more I look at the colour the more I like it. It's seems to change depending on the lighting, which is really nice. The Tan leather was a bit of a shock when I saw inside but I had cream leather before and with kids it was always being cleaned down after trips out. This one also has the light head lining and I really like the tan leather. Other half say I can have another car for at least 5 years so will be keeping this one for some time. 4th car in four years. Hopefully this will satisfy my needs, fingers crossed. Will post a pic but still hasn't had the black alloys, lettering and wing mirrors done yet. Hopefully taking delivery at the end of the month. Thanks again.

Attachments

#25 ·
Allen1707 said:
Thanks for that information. The more I look at the colour the more I like it. It's seems to change depending on the lighting, which is really nice. The Tan leather was a bit of a shock when I saw inside but I had cream leather before and with kids it was always being cleaned down after trips out. This one also has the light head lining and I really like the tan leather. Other half say I can have another car for at least 5 years so will be keeping this one for some time. 4th car in four years. Hopefully this will satisfy my needs, fingers crossed. Will post a pic but still hasn't had the black alloys, lettering and wing mirrors done yet. Hopefully taking delivery at the end of the month. Thanks again.
Looks really nice and I like the tan leather too.
It's very much a personal choice with colour, I always buy what I like , after all it's me that has to look at it every day . :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.