Discovery Sport Forum banner

Software Update 17c installed.

39K views 143 replies 13 participants last post by  bjm 
#1 ·
Finally - JLR authorised the retailer yesterday that this update is now stable. It was downloaded and installed overnight to my vehicle, which I collected this lunchtime.

A few layout changes. Graphical and colour changes, wallpaper etc, but in the main - InControl Apps no longer seems to be crashing, and functions as it should (so far).

The camera resolution also seems a lot sharper, and moves with the vehicle now, rather than running the half-second lag that it suffered with previously, and the 10" screen is a lot more responsive to touch as well.

Time will tell I suppose, and once I've worked out where in connectivity and versions they have buried the version update number, I'll grab a screenshot and post it to this thread.

This is now APPROVED by JLR for installation to ICTP equipped vehicles, but MUST be used in conjunction with App version 2.7.4 (also released yesterday)

#102 ·
neilrlsmith said:
Thanks Barnsh. I have 3 seat icon. Also LR have confirmed it's 17c6.

One thing I like is that the volume finally goes up 2 at a time (using steering wheel button) rather pressing it hundreds of times!!
Yeh the volume button is an improvement!

#105 ·
#107 ·
Well what do you know.....Apple latest iOS update, 11.3.1, and JLR latest InControl App update 2.7.6.1 have resulted in the same connectivity FAILURE as this ICTP unit was demonstrating at the back end of last year.

Conclusive proof if you ever needed it, that the App developers seem to be a bunch of school kids playing around with it for fun.

Latest 17c hasn't resolved it, so I guess that we now have to wait for 18c whenever they can be bothered to getting round to addressing the issue. To say that I utterly despair would be an understatement!!

#108 ·
I told my dealer I wasn't on the latest version according to the seat icons.

Will have to sort out an update

#109 ·
Oh for the good old days hey ?........no cameras , no ICTP, ........just a good old radio, and a rear view mirror ! 🚘🔧🔨

#110 ·
roydonaldson said:
Looks like there has just been a new update to ICTP released: 3_005_10.

Though I don't have access to Topix to read the release notes:

https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=896716
Here's the latest released 17th May, over on the USA fpace forum.

YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER HAS INSTALLED IN THEIR EQUIPMENT:
PATHFINDER 163 or later
SDD 153.02 and NGI 005.10 or later

SDDICTP_3_005_10 - SDD software update InControl Touch Pro 3_005_10 release note

Note: I've extracted portions of text

17MY Evoque / L538 17MY Discovery Sport / L550 16MY XJ / X351 16MY > 17MY XF / X260 16MY > 17MY XE / X760 17MY F-PACE / X761

This update includes the following enhancements to InControl Touch Pro: 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the 'Live' and 'Browser' functions are not available in the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the InControl Touch Pro system resets when the General Settings are selected by the user while the vehicle is in motion. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the DVD and Television (TV) features cannot be used in the rear of the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the user does not see road names when using the navigation system. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the rear heated seats cannot be controlled from the Lower Interactive Control Display Module (ICDM). The option for the rear heated seats is greyed out on the Touch Screen (TS). (Vehicles fitted with ICDM only).

#111 ·
Not for D5 then. Mine is dropping power to the USB
Media ports. Thus dropping connection as a media device too. Pain in the arse.

#112 ·
simon said:
Not for D5 then. Mine is dropping power to the USB
Media ports. Thus dropping connection as a media device too. Pain in the arse.
I thought the dropping usb connection was fixed in the April update ?

#113 ·
Not on mine. Still happens. All phones. Any cable. Had a new media port panel fitted too. New design too. Only started after Phase 3 Update.

Have to use USB charger and Bluetooth for music. No big deal but still, the media ports should work but don't.

#115 ·
simon said:
Not on mine. Still happens. All phones. Any cable. Had a new media port panel fitted too. New design too. Only started after Phase 3 Update.

Have to use USB charger and Bluetooth for music. No big deal but still, the media ports should work but don't.
I'd be having stearn words with the dealer , He needs to escalate this to JLR, , there should be a fix for that . Some of the early FPace and Velars had faulty wiring , there's a topix for this issue I saw about 6 months ago.
They replaced the wiring loom for the usbs....I think it was run from the boot area, apparently not manufactured correctly.

#116 ·
and now it's back, still saying it's running: 20.13-1134 ....

and the Climate icon has the arrows pointing at the seats and not the new 3 part chair icon.

Also told me I needed to use another type of SIM...even though I have a Micro-SIM in it and it had been working fine and just stopped. So I suspected the SIM reader is faulty and not the wrong card type.

Waiting on a call back....ho hum.

#117 ·
roydonaldson said:
and now it's back, still saying it's running: 20.13-1134 ....

and the Climate icon has the arrows pointing at the seats and not the new 3 part chair icon.

Also told me I needed to use another type of SIM...even though I have a Micro-SIM in it and it had been working fine and just stopped. So I suspected the SIM reader is faulty and not the wrong card type.

Waiting on a call back....ho hum.
Oh dear , either a failed update or dealer didn't do it at all.

#118 ·
Barnsh said:
simon said:

I'd be having stearn words with the dealer , He needs to escalate this to JLR, , there should be a fix for that . Some of the early FPace and Velars had faulty wiring , there's a topix for this issue I saw about 6 months ago.
They replaced the wiring loom for the usbs....I think it was run from the boot area, apparently not manufactured correctly.
No need for stearn words but I'll suggest this to them &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

#119 ·
So, the feedback from the dealer was that the technician couldn't find any problems, so didn't do any work or see there being any need to upgrade any software.......And of course, never phoned me while they had the car to ask me anything about it.

Didn't go down well.

#120 ·
roydonaldson said:
So, the feedback from the dealer was that the technician couldn't find any problems, so didn't do any work or see there being any need to upgrade any software.......And of course, never phoned me while they had the car to ask me anything about it.

Didn't go down well.
Yep just ask him wher the voice is for the Sat Nav , that should get you updated ok.

As everyone has said , you need to provide a fault to get it updated , daft but the way it seems.

#121 ·
simon said:
Barnsh said:
simon said:

No need for stearn words but I'll suggest this to them &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
Yes forgot your dealer sounds quite good, I saw this topix but don't have any details on what it contains. SM72774 · CONNECTIVITY ISSUES THROUGH USB

#122 ·
I'll put this to my dealer tomorrow once they have collected mine.

#123 ·
So, back from the dealers again today. Seems it took 4 odd hours to do the update to 3.0, but had to get it back to me as didn't have time to apply 3.5 update to it.

Still has the seat icon that has the arrows pointing at it, but new icon top left for the wifi (?).

#126 ·
roydonaldson said:
So, back from the dealers again today. Seems it took 4 odd hours to do the update to 3.0, but had to get it back to me as didn't have time to apply 3.5 update to it.

Still has the seat icon that has the arrows pointing at it, but new icon top left for the wifi (?).
Ironically when I was in for update the dealer stated they don't have to go through all the iteration they just apply the latest .

I queried why some were doing step updates he said "dealer lack of experience "
There is no 3.5 either it's 3.005.09 or later ,so it's 3.005 not 3.5 you can check this on topix.

There was a 2.5, then 3.0 ( which was slow and awful) , then several iterations of 3.005.0/7/8/9 etc.

All the versions of 3 and upwards show the same version on the screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.