Discovery Sport Forum banner

Nightmare Revisited

5K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  simon 
#1 ·
Well, part ex'd My DS, got a new LR with faults, dealership has taken it away by transporter today and left me with a curtesy car!

This is like Groundhog Day meets Nightmare on Elm Street. Same colour, specs as my trade in apart from no heated rear seats. Where is my paper bags with holes cut in for the eyes. :shock:

F25D65E9-A534-418A-B6F9-983D8B11E2FE.jpeg

#6 ·
Yep, think he was going back to Dingwall, then over e Ord, but you're right, past Dornoch it gets interesting. If you hear of a LR departed company from a car transporter up Berridale Braes, you'll know who's it is. Takes me back to when SWMBO was on placement in Caithness and wouldn't drive up there, so I had to take and collect her every week. :roll:

Thanks Chippy, me too. I discovered another bit of bodywork amiss today when I checked it prior to the transporter - front bumper in the area of the headlight, but only visible when viewed from above, not from the front, must have been at manufacture.

8BF5775C-AE91-4E3F-8D48-271B32AC5A9F.jpeg08A77933-45E2-4438-9B96-ADE597EFCB4C.jpeg

#9 ·
Sorry to hear this Highlander. Only issues with mine are InControl bugs and the media ports not recognising the phone and intermittent power through them. Having the software reloaded tomorrow so hope it fixes them. Mechanically so far so good and no missing bits I'm aware of. Could be as it ex LR managment so went through a closer pre delivery inspection ?

#14 ·
The Highlander said:
I think he knows Simon. ;)

I probably walked into it saying I couldn't tell the difference between a 180 and a 240 as he's got a 240, so feels a bit put out.
Don't have a clue what car you drive - maybe worth putting it in your signature, as Moderators on here ask.

Only been on this Forum a short while and I've sussed there are some sarcastic types on here, but I'm not one of them.

ATB.

#16 ·
Station said:
The Highlander said:

I probably walked into it saying I couldn't tell the difference between a 180 and a 240 as he's got a 240, so feels a bit put out.
Don't have a clue what car you drive - maybe worth putting it in your signature, as Moderators on here ask.

Only been on this Forum a short while and I've sussed there are some sarcastic types on here, but I'm not one of them.

ATB.
Your quite right signatures are key nowadays on here.

It used to be quite simple you either had a 2.2 old engine or a 2L 180 or 150 ingenium in the U.K. some petrol Si4 s in USA and Canada.

Now we have a 240 Diesel , a 240 Petrol , and a 290 Petrol to add to the mix it gets complicated to work out what people have and makes it hard to help people.

Got to admit I forgot to update mine and got a nudge last week :lol:

#17 ·
The Highlander said:

Just think if you reject it and they ask the mileage you'll need to clarify ....." is that on the back of your truck or driven? ,"

#18 ·
Time to sign off permanently and that's after sleeping on it! Annoyed is putting it mildly.

Yes, you know you were being bl**dy sarcastic, don't try and turn it on it's head. Who on earth do you think you are telling me I should put down what car I have in the signature - that was just a distractor from your one liner.

#19 ·
Sleep on it again tonight Highlander and decide to hang around.......everyone's contribution to a forum makes it a more rounded debating vehicle.

Your contribution IS important, and the forum would be diluted by the lack of your views and experiences.

#20 ·
Highlander,

I 100% agree with Buy british. I don't know about everyone else but I for one would truly miss your contributions not to mention the great pictures that you put up.

Cheers
Chippy

#21 ·
Stay for the same of ",diversity".
I live 10metres from the sea in South Devon, and you're in Ullapool........can't get more diverse than that !

Get yerself a nice single malt, have a puff on your pipe, and think..... " sod em , I'm staying "...........,

#22 ·
+1 for Chippy & Buy British,
It wouldn't be the same forum without all of you long term folk

#23 ·
My sympathies Highlander, I couldn't risk another JLR after all my hassle (had a Hillman Avenger better built!!!) hence moved to the land of the rising sun.
Hope you get it sorted or reject as you mentioned in earlier posts.
Best of luck

#24 ·
Buy british said:
Stay for the same of ",diversity".
I live 10metres from the sea in South Devon, and you're in Ullapool........can't get more diverse than that !

Get yerself a nice single malt, have a puff on your pipe, and think..... " sod em , I'm staying "...........,
Wise words, Buy British. Seconded!!
I feel that the range of outlooks and opinions, moderately expressed here, are what make this forum particularly useful and interesting. I really hope the malt has the desired effect.....after all, for yours truly, in the most southerly of the British isles, contributions from all parts of "the mainland" bring some valuable insights.

#25 ·
Chippy said:
Highlander,

I 100% agree with Buy british. I don't know about everyone else but I for one would truly miss your contributions not to mention the great pictures that you put up.

Cheers
Chippy
Plus one for me too , please don't leave highlander I love your posts !
It's great that this forum has a good mix of people and vehicles too.

#26 ·
Barnsh said:
Chippy said:
Highlander,

Cheers
Chippy
Plus one for me too , please don't leave highlander I love your posts !
It's great that this forum has a good mix of people and vehicles too.
Yup. Agree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.