Discovery Sport Forum banner

interesting well written review.

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yup. Sums things up quite well. Why I jumped ship as soon as I could. The D5 appears to have been built by a different company all together.

G
#4 ·
Same here, shame really since it isn't a bad car, just made by an arrogant manufacturer who doesn't give a t0ss about customers with some even more arrogant dealerships

Interestingly enough, I was down at the Lexus dealership yesterday getting their help to set up something on the infotainment thingy and the sales guy told me that they had sold the DS which we part exchanged and in the last 2 weeks taken a further 2 DSs in part exchange and one March 17 RRS. One of the DSs and the RRS belonged to a married couple who bought a NX & RX. He wondered whether the switch from LR cars was due to frustrations with the local dealer or something else :roll:

I decided to keep tight lipped :cool: but one of my reasons to jump ship was down to wondering if eventually residuals will take a hit once dealerships of other marques become more aware of the "disadvantages" of DS ownership.

#5 ·
Hit the nail on the head! with that review. That's why I "bailed out" after 2 years of frustration. Residuals are forecast to plummet after 3 years old.
JLR don't give a toss about customers. How they manage to keep their Royal Warrant I'll never know!

G
#8 ·
Yep straight to the point - never really happy with the DS I had for 5 months, spent all my time wondering what glitch was going to rear it's head next.

On the xc90 front ...... it's just left on a flatbed. Not for any technical issue but drove over a screw at some stage over the weekend so walked out this morning to a flat tyre. No issue I thought, whip it off, on with the space saver and down to the local garage for a repair - pluggable as in the centre of the tread. But ..... the damned locking wheel nut key was stuffed, looks like it had been used with an air gun so no purchase on the nut. The engineer volvo sent out had no more success so off it went - to be seen again God only knows when. Cue some interesting future debates with volvo over liability I guess. Not a happy bunny

#9 ·
Not the cars fault it picked up a puncture and a muppet used an airgun on the wheel nut ;) Volvo reliability in tact I think ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.