Discovery Sport Forum banner

Just bought 2016 DS

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  captainlorca 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just bought a 2016 DS SE Tech 180 in Loire Blue with White interior.

Didn't know a great deal about DS before purchase other than the reviews which suggested going for the 2.0 engine rather than the older 2.2. I'm really enjoying the car, other than the fairly poor fuel consumption (have yet to beat 40 mpg on any journey - normally around 35).

I didn't know about any of the issues that others have had on here concerning Adblue or oil dilution - is there anything I should be looking out for and how would I spot these issues?

Also, is there anywhere I can get a list of the features on my particular car - just to check whether there is any deviation from the standard SE Tech features?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Welcome, sounds a nice spec - photos?

AdBlue - the car will tell you when it needs a top-up, top-ups are free if you have the Service Pack. You can check in the Instrument menu as well.

Oil dilution - Again, the car will tell you when a service (oil change) is required AS LONG as it's had the updates to display the service is required. Otherwise, link the InControl app to your car and the app will tell you. There is no miles to service indication in the instrument menu,

Spec - To check both the updates required and the spec, put your VIN into the JLR ToPix system (Google it and register as an Independent Operator).

Finally, updating your profile with your location, and your signature with your DS spec will help with future replies.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.