DPF Fault !!!!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Barnsh

Re: DPF Fault !!!!!

Post by Barnsh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Chippy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am
Barnsh, you've forgotten scenario D) which is my favourite - they don't actually care because whatever they do it's going to cost them. I'm sorry if I seem excessively negative but I genuinely do believe it.
Yep of course.
It's money again
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Deker

Post by Deker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:37 pm

The DPF malarkey is a sick Joke, my car is less than a year old and has been regenerated by me or the Garage circa 12 times so far. Last Thursday I had to drive down the motorway wasting time and money doing a Regeneration exactly in line with JLR instruction. Regen lights on the Dash disappeared after 20 minutes and about the same miles. Today, just 5 days and 240 miles (including circa 200 motorway miles) later, regen lights are back on!

That's the 3rd time of regen Alerts this year!

EDIT
The Dealer and JLR keep telling me its my driving style, what a load of BS!

melbmelb

Post by melbmelb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:13 am

So we had an oil change warning at 3900km. changed and software update. Faulty particle filter shortly after. Amber lamp 5 days after new filter, red lamp 15 minutes after amber lamp while driving at 70km/hr+. Towed.
2g particulate found in the new DPF 12 days after it was changed, despite the red lamp having come on. No other problems can be found.

I'm thinking the easiest option for all is to try and do a trade-in for petrol on good terms. Otherwise it's off to small claims.

melbmelb

Post by melbmelb » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 am

Deker wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:37 pm
The Dealer and JLR keep telling me its my driving style, what a load of BS!
I think everyone has the right to their own driving style. Never owned a vehicle before that tells me where and how I should be driving, and for how long. I really don't have time to be forced by my car to go for a half hour drive especially when it tells me to do it every week. And I won't.

Karwomann

Post by Karwomann » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 am

Yes I agree. It’s infuriating that the blame for these filters is being put on the owners. I can’t believe they ever started saying that, they’ve made themselves look ridiculous. Since when do you spend that amount on a car only to later find out that it can’t cope with town driving! My dealer is not saying that fortunately, but I did get it from a central customer services call. When you start thinking whether you should just walk somewhere instead of driving because the car might not like it, that’s not good!

Mine is still at the dealers, after the exact same scenario- software update and new injector after the engine light came on. 5 days and about 10 miles later the amber lights came on and soon after, the red. I’m driving a courtesy car while they investigate the scrf thing I was advised about and they tell me what my options are, that doesn’t leave me out of pocket.

melbmelb

Post by melbmelb » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am

Karwomann wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 am
Yes I agree. It’s infuriating that the blame for these filters is being put on the owners. I can’t believe they ever started saying that, they’ve made themselves look ridiculous. Since when do you spend that amount on a car only to later find out that it can’t cope with town driving! My dealer is not saying that fortunately, but I did get it from a central customer services call. When you start thinking whether you should just walk somewhere instead of driving because the car might not like it, that’s not good!

Mine is still at the dealers, after the exact same scenario- software update and new injector after the engine light came on. 5 days and about 10 miles later the amber lights came on and soon after, the red. I’m driving a courtesy car while they investigate the scrf thing I was advised about and they tell me what my options are, that doesn’t leave me out of pocket.
Don't hold your breath, my dpf was changed and the yellow lamp was back 5 days and maybe 50km later at most. No fault found now and they are giving it back to us. We will need to trade for a petrol.

discoforever

Re: Rejection due to exhaust filter

Post by discoforever » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:45 am

dsaus wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 pm
hope that helps
What is the average distance people getting before the active burn light has been coming on ?
We were never informed about the Filter when purchasing the DS.. and i think this is JLR fault
So far we have had the car towed twice due to the filter blocking up
the Exhaust filter has been replaced once ( it went from yellow light to red light in 20km)
Even now with the new filter it is filling up and needing an active burn in 249km (it take me a 20km special drive to emplty it, 40km round trip)
so as a guess in 12000km of driving I have had to do 1200km of special drives to to keep this car on the road!!!
plus fuel and my time......Landrover Experience.....
Interesting to read all these posts about people having the same issues... I have a RR Sport '15 and having the exact same problem. DPF warning has come on 3 times so far this year (as well as other times in previous years). Took it to the service centre this morning and it's just 'normal' apparently and all down to the short trips I take. BULLSH*T!! We live in a city - were always going to do short trips... why on earth would we or anyone else spend a huge amount of money on a car which is going to be a massive pain the ass?! I took it on the highway for a 4hr round trip and 2 weeks later - the filter is full. I called LR Australia and the guy said - no that doesn't sound right... but the guys at the service centre thought that was normal and then proceeded to explain the filter regen process completely wrong... they don't even understand how it works!! ARGHHH. (it took me 5 minutes of googling to find out how it worked when I got home)

Has anyone had any luck in Australia complaining about this? Aside from the DPF issue - my car is a lemon. They put a brand new engine in it a few months ago... It drives terribly. Worst car ever.

adeolly

Post by adeolly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 pm

I have been reading these posts with a sense of dread as to when the amber light would appear as my wife does a fair few short trips alongside the twice a day 9 miles at a reasonable speed school run, and the odd longer weekend run. Manual car too, rarely goes onto dual carriageway and only seen a motorway once. So far though, after 2200 miles all is fine (touch wood). Our DS was built in mid-Nov '17 and the VIN is outside the range listed in SSM73697.
MY18 2.0 150 HSE manual, Firenze red with narvik black roof, rear tints, 2nd row USB, blind spot monitoring, reverse traffic detection, space saver spare.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:54 am

adeolly wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 pm
I have been reading these posts with a sense of dread as to when the amber light would appear as my wife does a fair few short trips alongside the twice a day 9 miles at a reasonable speed school run, and the odd longer weekend run. Manual car too, rarely goes onto dual carriageway and only seen a motorway once. So far though, after 2200 miles all is fine (touch wood). Our DS was built in mid-Nov '17 and the VIN is outside the range listed in SSM73697.
Good to hear you are trouble free.
One thing I guess we will never know is exactly how many people are affected by the faulty “FB” DPF that JLR identified in the SMM.
It’s also good that you posted that Nov17 onwards should be clear of these bad units too.
Hope it stays this way for you.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

MMAA101

Post by MMAA101 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Dropping in to be counted as one of those having massive DPF issues in UK. I’ve had the isame fault happen 4 times now. First one was 28 days after pick up, on the second it was rejected. Whilst awaiting replacement, third breakdown happened, it was straightforward covered by warranty, 4 days after pick up from service, the amber light came up- it was run as prescribed to regen. It regenerated and cleared. 06 Dec. Yellow light came and a bit later, red! Now it has become DRIVER’S FAULT. They are claiming I drove the car 208miles whilst amber light was on. Really?

Has anyone experienced going that far with an amber light on?

Anyway, my VIN is right smack in the middle of the range of DS affected as per SSM73697 (I’ve grown so attached to this reference number, I might change my name to it ). 😩

Still battling this out with he help of financial Ombudsman.

Just wanted to added to the UK data.

======
DS HSE - 7 seater, Kaikoura Brown, black alloy, climate control pack 💔

Return to “Faults & Technical”