Discovery Sport Forum banner

Eco versus D and DPF warning ??

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ADI 
#1 ·
Normally I drive in "D" and "S" mode and four weeks ago thought I would try "Eco" mode to see what difference MPG I would get.
Daily work commute is only 9 miles and longer runs in evenings and weekends.
The MPG improved slightly and was in no hurry so I continued in Eco.
Today I got the "Exhaust is nearly full message" amber alert.
First time in 8000 miles and my journey habits have not changed....
Drove on the Motorwarway for 15 minutes and the warning disappeared.
Four weeks ago I also had the oil and filter change after a service alert on the In Control App.
Connected ????
Anyway back to "D" and "S" mode.

#2 ·
Interesting I have a manual and leave eco off all the time .
Can't see why it wants me to stop start and overuse what is a pretty poorly lifed clutch on the DS .
But I guess all the auto does is change up thus keeping lower revs so less chance of DPF regular clearance at lower revs at a guess ??

#3 ·
I'm certainly no expert but what you're describing could indicate a connection of some kind.

I've started using S and no Eco mode but with start/stop and immediately noticed an improvement in fuel consumption. The engine is revving higher but this would presumably aid DPF clearance.

#4 ·
Just a question, when your DPF was regenerating did you get any fumes in the vehicle. I drive 25 miles each way to work and back, my DPF regenerates every 100 miles with corresponding fumes within the vehicle. It was with the supplying dealer 10 days, they replaced the Cat, as there was evidence of soot, however didnt make any changes to the DPF. Unfortunately the Cat was not the cause of the fumes, so I have started the rejection process this morning. I had an Evoque for the 10 days, put 450 miles on it during this time. It regenerated twice on the same journey with no smell in the cabin.

#5 ·
I have never had any fumes inside the vehicle during regen.

As posted elsewhere a "regen active message" would be useful.

Like Chippy I have always had stop/start activated so the lower revving with eco must be the cause factor.

Waste of time if I have to go on an additional twenty mile motorway run every 4 weeks.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.