Discovery Sport Forum banner

Spare wheel for Disco Sport

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Moggy 
#1 ·
Hi guys just had one of my tyres slashed 235/55/r19/105w (Scorpion zero all season).

Whilst i get it repaired was thinking i should get either a space saver or full size steel (not OEM as cost 700).

Any thoughts on
a) space saver vs full size steel (would keep in the garage)
b) where to get this from (think space saver is 170 from JLR), not sure where to get the full size steel wheel equivalent from

thanks

#2 ·
If you can get a full size spare I would do that. Check to see what you can fit on your car.
I have a 7 seater and don't have room for a either a full size spare or even a space saver, Ive just a bottle of sealant and that has its limits.
To be honest if I was to spec up a new car I would definitely have a spare wheel on it because you never know when your going to need it.
I recently bought a full size spare off e bay and have it at home just in case.
Advise on here was that Evoque wheels fit the Discovery Sport stud pattern on the hub and there's loads of them about.

#3 ·
If you can get a full size spare I would do that. Check to see what you can fit on your car.
I have a 7 seater and don't have room for a either a full size spare or even a space saver, Ive just a bottle of sealant and that has its limits.
To be honest if I was to spec up a new car I would definitely have a spare wheel on it because you never know when your going to need it.
I recently bought a full size spare off e bay and have it at home just in case. £170 for brand new wheel and tyre.
Advise on here was that Evoque wheels fit the Discovery Sport stud pattern on the hub and there's loads of them about.

#4 ·
A single 19" spare might be difficult to come by, as most of the advertised ones seem to be 18". If it's just for emergencies an 18" would do as the outer diameter is the same. DS and Evoque wheels are interchangeable. You can only fit a spare in the car, skinny or otherwise, if the car originally had one. they can't be retrofitted, although in theory they'll go in the rear well if you take out the third row of seats. Otherwise a full-size spare takes up quite a lot of the boot. I have a photo somewhere. Here it is: View attachment 5940

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi snowmanx95, Yes you should have PTMS fitted.Theres really no point in having three out of four wheels with it .At the same time what is the point in having a spare wheel if its kept at home while you are out in your car.This point became obvious to my daughter who recently had a tyre go down quickly after hitting a pothole fifty miles from home.

#8 ·
ron said:
Hi snowmanx95, Yes you should have PTMS fitted.Theres really no point in having three out of four wheels with it .At the same time what is the point in having a spare wheel if its kept at home while you are out in your car.This point became obvious to my daughter who recently had a tyre go down quickly after hitting a pothole fifty miles from home.
Spares from LR don't have TPMS fitted, there's no display of any spare pressure reading. It's only intended for temporary use, but if you plan on rotating the spare (assuming it's a matching wheel - or not if you don't give a **** what the car looks like) then you may want to splash out on a TPMS, the car will pick it up when fitted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.