MAGA - Four More Years !

The place to discuss everything else..
jmmilne

Re: MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by jmmilne » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:24 am

Please, this a a Discovery Sport Forum. If you want to discuss MAGA or the like, take it to one of their forums.

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:35 am

jmmilne wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:24 am
Please, this a a Discovery Sport Forum. If you want to discuss MAGA or the like, take it to one of their forums.
Have a read through the earlier posts - many of us thought like that as this is a LR forum. But the OP was VERY adamant that this should be allowed in 'off topic chat', 'free speech' and all that. Hopefully some of the posts have shown that free speech works both ways and highlighted some of Trumps ways...
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

EYR

Post by EYR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:52 am

So Trump thought losing was the worse thing that could happen to him, but no.

"PGA Of America Drops Trump Venue For 2022 PGA Championship", now that really must hurt :lol:
Jaguar E Pace, MY18, P250

Santorini black DS 180 MY16 Auto, Xenons, Electric deployable towball, Rear camera and new non rattly tailgate struts. GONE but served me well.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Topics like this should always be tolerated on a forum such as ours is. It’s not turned into a political mud slinging match and for those who aren’t interested it can simply be ignored.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Canuk wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm
Sounds like PaddyPower posting
If I may say so, that's slightly offensive.
Lets get one thing absolutely clear.
In my opinion, Trump is narcissistic, dangerous and utterly bereft of conscience or scruples. I don't think he's as dumb as he makes out. I'm happy he's heading back to his gaudy tower, just a little concerned about the fact that it appears to be a "Truth", that Biden & co, coming from the left, are therefore automatically wonderful, caring and decent individuals.
They aren't. They're just as dangerous and corrupt in their own way, and when Trump and pals say "Fake News" - much as it pains me to say so, they do actually have a valid point.

If you want to spot a lie or bias, just wait for the word "Alleged". It's journalistic shorthand for "thats what they say but we all know they're lying". The problem is that they tend to use it when we know that the 'allegation' is proven fact.
Hence when Paddy and co choose to disbelieve the media, it's hard to argue. They're right to.
Tragically that then leads to the rubbish about stolen elections and dodgy rings running out of coffee shops, then on to flat earth and faked moon landings. When you lose trust in authority, it's a downward spiral.

So, criticise Trump - hell yeah, but also admit where he (or at least his team) got something right. There was a fair bit.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:28 pm

So much left wing fear and hate. Biden is right wing if compared to all other countries.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

RPR

Post by RPR » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:34 pm

137624710_10222535969741108_6187727357195666824_n.jpeg

MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:27 am

Canuk wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:28 pm
So much left wing fear and hate. Biden is right wing if compared to all other countries.
You could well be right. Some of the quotes attributed to him over the years would make many republicans whince. There's even quite a few that, when attributed to Trump by interviewers looking to demonstrate the hypocrisy, had people screaming "Racist".
The key question is this. I suspect that most of Trumps successes were due to people around him rather than him specifically - e.g. I'd imagine the Abraham Accords probably had a lot more to do with Kushner than Trump. Trump doesn't really have any ideas of his own so a decent team can achieve quite a bit just by making him think the idea is his. Not a challenge with Trump as I understand it.
I suspect Biden, at his age, is also probably little more than a figurehead, albeit a more palatable and far less orange one.
So who's behind him? I admit I only really know of the louder Democrats but many of them are as crazy and stupid as our own Corbynists. Listen to pretty much any set of questions from "AOC" for example and you're left assuming she's being deliberately obtuse to make a worthless point (rather than getting at the facts as she's supposed to), or she really is that stupid.
I always remember a Labour MP on Question Time during the last election demonstrating a total lack of understanding about how wealth is generated. Stating that "nobody becomes a billionaire without avoiding tax". Clearly - she clearly believes that Elon Musk got a $100Bn+ pay cheque this year and won't be paying any tax on it.
Hence I worry that their loud idiots may achieve more control than is healthy, but provided the Biden team has a majority in the 'sane' camp, I'll be perfectly happy.
On the upside - they can sort out their Covid chaos, get their economy back on track and rejoin climate change accords which will benefit us all.
Just hope they're not so naive (or in the case of their 'lefter' members, anti-semitic) that they re-sign up with Iran without first ensuring they stop their attempts to harm (and terrorise) their neighbours.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )

RPR

Post by RPR » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 am

Speaking of money. Wait till Deusche Bank and others call in their loans over the next couple of months. Trump will be bankrupt yet again.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:22 am

RPR wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 am
Speaking of money. Wait till Deusche Bank and others call in their loans over the next couple of months. Trump will be bankrupt yet again.
Interesting - hadn't though of what the effect of this might be on his business interests, but yeah rats and sinking ships come to mind.