MAGA - Four More Years !

The place to discuss everything else..
VeryDiscoSport

MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 am

Wishing the Republican Candidates all the best for 2020.
2019 RAV4 Mk 5 2.5 Petrol-HEV Excel :D
2017 RAV4 Mk 4 2.5 Petrol-HEV Excel :D
2017 DS L-550 2.0 SE Tech 150 6 SPD (Rejected per CRA 2015) :(
2008 RAV4 Mk 3 2.2D XTR 4WD :)
FSU - Protect Free Speech

RPR

Re: MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by RPR » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:47 am

Most of the World is hoping that Trumpie doesn't win.

If hopefully he loses, I bet the petulant child doesn't go quietly and with dignity.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

Mike_l

Post by Mike_l » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:24 am

VeryDiscoSport wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:15 am
Not sure this discussion belongs on this forum - but for sake of balance ..

If I was American, I might be wishing all the best for Republican candidates EXCEPT one.
I couldn't vote for a lying bully like Trump
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:32 am

It's an odd situation. Neither candidate is a good choice (rather like our last election) so it's down to who will do the least damage.

Truth is, whilst I don't like him as a person (who could?) Trump has been a remarkably successful president and when you watch the media with your eyes open (inc the BBC) he has a very valid point when he says 'fake news'. The BBC are basically running Democratic Political party political broadcasts. Very little of what we're told is true these days. Just as a simple example, they call him a racist. When you look into it, there's absolutely no evidence that this is true and a hell of a lot of evidence that it isn't, (he's actually done more to help the Black community than Obama ever did) but ask most people and "he's a racist".
My own theory is that he's a con man. Only he's conned the far right that he's on their side so they vote for him, when in reality, he never does anything they actually want, and does many things they don't.

The other fact is that, if he were anyone else, he'd be a shoe-in for a Nobel peace prize for his work in the Middle East. He's done more to bring peace to that region than any of his predecessors, simply by ignoring what's 'politically correct' and in line with conventional thinking, and just doing what's actually right according to the facts on the ground. Add in his dealings with North Korea and any honest person has to agree he's made the world a safer place. Reagan played a similar game. Pretended to be a bit of a lunatic which stopped America's enemies from doing anything silly and eventually led to peace treaties and ultimately to the end of the Soviet Union. Worked a treat and it seems, still does. May not be Trump (he has a brilliant team around him) but that's the role of a good chief exec. But he's not politically correct in line with left wing thinking, so he's no chance of getting one.

As for Biden. His party has some really dodgy left wing characters, their ideas will, like Obamas, send world peace backwards (and that idiot got a peace prize!) and his own personal race record is awful. Their ideas demonstrate the utter absence of a grasp of basic economics and instead they follow a Corbynist scapegoat policies (rich/succesful = tax dodgers - get your pitchforks). Not true but plays well to any lazy left winger with an envy complex. They'd rather take from others than build their own. The world has become polarised and the left are the new fascists (just look at our own Labour party), BLM or Antifa.
So I find myself, reluctantly, rooting for Trump.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Simportant

Post by Simportant » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:09 am

Well said Jules.
MY18 Dynamic Lux, Storm Grey, Petrol 290 auto, Black Pack, ICTP/825w Meridian
GONE MY18 DS HSE Black 2.0 TD4 180 Auto, Santorini, ICTP/825w Meridian.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:21 am

VeryDiscoSport wrote:
Irony is very difficult to detect in the written word...
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:07 am

Dashnine wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:21 am
VeryDiscoSport wrote:
Irony is very difficult to detect in the written word...
True - but as you see, not everyone is prepared to blindly follow the left wing propaganda.
Do a bit of research on both candidates - as the phrase goes, the truth will set you free (and you'll never believe anything the mainstream media tells you again!!)

I have a personal interest in the Middle East so I know first hand how our Journalists are, for want of a better word, bare faced liars pushing their own agendas with little to no interest in passing on the truth. Jeremy Bowen is on record stating he hates the Israelis and yet the BBC keep him in his role as their Middle East editor. It's like having a member of the BNP as their Ethnic Minorities reporter! Ola Geuring (Ch4?) was caught filming a fake report from Gaza using the backdrop of bombed out buildings and reporting the place had been devastated. Had the camera turned 90 degrees, she's have been filming a perfectly normal street with people going shopping - but of course she's still there too - the list goes on. It was the same with South Africa many years ago. I sat with an SA friend watching a riot in Soweto. As they filmed people setting fire to some shops, she said, they were burnt out years ago - this film is at least 8 years old.
TV news lies.

So stop believing the liars and look at the actions and voting record of the candidates. Biden is a bit of a racist (as most Democrats are when you look at what they actually do) with a litany of international failures behind him, and Trump, whilst not a man I'd want in my house or near my family, has actually achieved some impressive things that has made all of us a lot safer.
Probably not him personally but I want his team to stay in place and desperately don't want the leftie fascists in charge.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )

RPR

Post by RPR » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:32 am

Trump has no decorum, no manners, no sense of what it takes to be a statesman.

Instead we have the ignorant, over inflated ego. Woe betide he stays in office and we see the sort of trade deals I for one certainly don't want this country to sign up to.

Just remember one thing, the Democrats aren't left wing in the sense our Labour Party is. They're still right of the middle.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:25 pm

RPR wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:32 am

Instead we have the ignorant, over inflated ego. Woe betide he stays in office and we see the sort of trade deals I for one certainly don't want this country to sign up to.

Just remember one thing, the Democrats aren't left wing in the sense our Labour Party is. They're still right of the middle.
I agree with every word on Trump. Trump is certainly no statesman and as I said, not a person I'd want in my home. As a person he's everything I despise. He's egotistical, arrogant, dishonest, treats everything asif it's about him. He's an appalling individual.
Hence I expected him to be catastrophic president and didn't believe he'd make 4 years, so have been shocked, when I stopped listening to the BBC and did a bit of reading myself, to see his record is actually very impressive. Far better than Obama's.

People point to the man and yes, there he fails, but I'm more interested in actions, intent and results and by ignoring normal convention, he's achieved more in 4 years than any of his predecessors did in 8. His attacks on China and Iran were desperately needed - and not something any statesman would have considered - they would have played nice whilst those countries smiled, shook hands and continued with their crimes - so in many ways, his blunt instrument approach and lack of political awareness has done a hell of a lot of good. They could no longer get away with it. Statesmanship doesn't always work - as Chamberlain discovered. Often you do need a scalpel but depending on the task, you're sometimes better off with a lump hammer.
What I'm saying is look past the man and look at what he's actually achieved. Ultimately, that's what really matters.

You're also right that any trade deal we do will favour the US, but then that is his job to be fair.

As for Democrats being centrist. Certainly true until fairly recently, but then so were our own Labour party. Things are changing and they aren't pretty.

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:37 pm

RPR wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:32 am

Ask any Canadian how he honours trade deals!

Democrats are way to the right of our Right wing Conservative party in Canada and Trump's gun toting , pickup driving yahoos call the Democrats Marxist. LOL
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater