Discovery Sport Forum banner

DS PHEV.....not yet

20K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  ntc 
#1 ·
An answer to my query on when the PHEV may be available...

"Thank you for contacting Jaguar Land Rover UK.

We appreciate your interest in the PHEV variant for the Discovery Sport. Unfortunately we still do not have any public information regarding release dates of the engine. Please keep a close look at our official media page where any new updates will be posted. I will include a link below.

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/en

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.

Kind Regards,
New Car Online Sales Team
UK Customer Experience Centre"

#2 ·
It always annoys me that customer interface teams get away with this kind of brush-off answer. It infers that there is actually no point in contacting them because they refuse to say anything more than is available on their current web pages. At the very least they could undertake that they would give a further reply in due course, but we all know that this would mean that they couldn't put a task completed tick in the appropriate box. They could also use appropriate channels to find out the development/launch timetable and give a qualified approximation to help the customer. This disease is not restricted to car companies. I have had similar answers from the likes of Sainsburys and other large companies. Basically pro-active meaningful communication with customers is actively discouraged. Perhaps they spend all their time on social media under the now common delusion that this somehow reaches their customer base!

#3 ·
roadster said:
...Perhaps they spend all their time on social media under the now common delusion that this somehow reaches their customer base!
Not LR, on Twitter they seem to pick and choose what to reply to or just ignore which is rather frustrating!

#5 ·
robinso said:
I'm interested in waiting for this model. What are the chances of it having third row seats? Think they will be sacrificed for batteries or there more space underneath?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if there were 7 seats with the PHEV, for a couple of reasons. One, the max weight of the vehicle would be very high, and secondly as you surmised the space issue. The Outlander lost its rearmost seats when it went PHEV which put me off and is why I've had the DS since.

#6 ·
I saw one the other day sticker up to say PHEV prototype. I didn't get a chance to look into the boot area to see whether it had 7 seats or not. It'd be a bit suspicious as it was parked up at Cannock Chase.

#7 ·
Ahem...!

Whilst I don't doubt what you think that you might have seen, there is no way that it will have been marked up as "PHEV Prototype" Even if it were a decoy vehicle to throw the likes of AutoExpress' hooligan photographers off the scent.

When the camo is removed (90 days before launch) the vehicle is always marked on the bumpers "Prototype Vehicle" in white lettering. Nothing more, nothing less. At this stage in the calendar, the vehicle(s) on test around the midlands are very firmly still in camo.

Please do not question as to how I know this to be the case.

#8 ·
SarahStreet.
You're right. It said plug in hybrid prototype on the side. It was not in camouflage. Rear badge I think was p300 with something else after the 300.
I've seen enough JLR prototypes with the white markings on the bumper. This one had a big green sticker on the side. VRN was VN69PRV. On the Gov't car tax check website it does not state engine size or other such info. There was also a fuel flap type thing on the left. Not sure if the 2020my has its cap on the right like the previous version, but a quick look shows the left side is normally flapless.
I'd have to check my dashcam footage to see if I still have more info.

#11 ·
The badge was P300 on the one I saw, but I don't know if it was the 300ps version. That would be very quick. I would think that they'd make an economy version with maybe a 1.5l petrol and electric motor. Have the engine in he same sort of state of tune as the 300ps petrol and it would still have a respectable power output.

#12 ·
197bhp three-cylinder 1.5-litre petrol engine paired with a 107bhp electric motor = P300?

As the PTA platform was designed with electrification in mind (unlike the Outlander) one hopes the under-floor battery pack doesn't eat into the space for a third row.

#14 ·
The DS I saw had the same sort of stickers on the side as the Evoque shown above. I note the plug is on the left. Sorry for the rubbish photo but the wording is like the one above.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

#15 ·
Looking at insurance quotes I see "PHEV P300 1497cc" coming up, so it's on the insurance list.

#17 ·
Dashnine said:
And this was a DS with a P300? Can't wait....
I can't either unfortunately...I have to swap the car soon and the DS PHEV is not available :-(

#18 ·
I had an Outlander PHEV before the DS, and it was terrible off road. The electric motors could not cope and the traction control system was hopeless in mud, just braking each wheel to a standstill. It also failed at a cross-axle situation. Really cheap to commute to work as virtually all on the battery, but longer journeys only saw about 32mpg even keeping speed down to 60ish.

Hopefully Land Rover have done their homework, but I'll want to wait until there is some real world experience before making a decision....

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.