Discovery Sport Forum banner

Getting rid!

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Robsters 
#1 ·
Well after 9 months of fighting Listers Hereford to take my DS back and paying a lot of money for legal support I have decided to get rid of the car before it has a major failure. Traded in for a new Volvo XC60 and going to take them to small claims for the loss I have incurred, I had no support from Land Rover, the so called family firm of Listers kept ignoring my correspondence and my lawyers letters so left me with no choice. I could not keep a car that needed oil changes every 5000 miles, constant visits to the garage for dpf and other issues. 9 months of stress and having a car that was living up to all the same predicaments of forum members on here. Thank you all for the support and help I have had and it was a pleasure to assist new members with my limited knowledge of the DS, happy motoring everyone 👍

#2 ·
Good luck with the new car.

It's a real shame the DS has this achilles heel with the exhaust architecture. If you're in the place you were with very short oil change intervals and DPF blockages, there's little that can be done to alleviate the problems unfortunately.

#3 ·
Good luck, and please pop back and let us know how the new XC60 is, but also let us know how the small claims goes too. Hope you win, remember lots of folk on here can help, and lots of info on here too if you need it.

#4 ·
Barnsh said:
Good luck, and please pop back and let us know how the new XC60 is, but also let us know how the small claims goes too. Hope you win, remember lots of folk on here can help, and lots of info on here too if you need it.
I will do to all of the above, had some great support from here and will check back in when I know more 👍

G
#5 ·
I think the days of family owned friendly dealerships are long gone - Listers is a national group, and the Hereford showroom is mutli-million pound effort (very nice coffee too). Not much consolation in your case though. Hope you fair better with your XC60.

#6 ·
At least you've only had 9 months of pain
I've had to endure 30 months of pain and stress
4 months in garage, nearly every fault listed on here and 19k miles in loan cars
Well tomorrow I complete VT process and return to BMW can't wait

#7 ·
Quick update, exactly a year to the day the dealer has settled out of court. 12 months of hard work and a lot of stress we got close to what we were after, not only that but we handed the XC60 back that we got to replace the DS and have now purchased a used BMW X5 which so far has been great. So for everyone else out there going through the dreaded oil dilution issue don't give up because the dealers know they are mis-selling these cars and their day of reckoning will come, good luck to you all. 👍

#9 ·
Great result

I'm waiting for settlement figure from Land Rover for drive repairs due to oil leak between gearbox and engine
Quotes were £1800-2000 they offered £750
Which I rejected lol
3 weeks into a brand new BMW 630d GT M sport what a bloody motor that is 3k miles in 3 weeks averaging 45mpg amazing car

#10 ·
Andyrep said:
Great result

I'm waiting for settlement figure from Land Rover for drive repairs due to oil leak between gearbox and engine
Quotes were £1800-2000 they offered £750
Which I rejected lol
3 weeks into a brand new BMW 630d GT M sport what a bloody motor that is 3k miles in 3 weeks averaging 45mpg amazing car
That sounds like some machine 😁 stick to your guns they will soon come back with something more realistic 👍

#11 ·
timhum said:
Why did you hand the XC 60 back?
Tim
Hi Tim, the wife just found it to cramped inside as she is pretty tall, also she could not stop comparing it to the XC90 we had before the DS. I would have kept it but the wife had the final say 🤔 I was amazed they just took it back with no questions asked, if it had been Land Rover they would have been a nightmare!!!

#12 ·
You bought a new XC60, and the dealer let you hand it back, giving you a full refund, because after driving it for a while your wife thought it was a bit small ?

#13 ·
tangey said:
You bought a new XC60, and the dealer let you hand it back, giving you a full refund, because after driving it for a while your wife thought it was a bit small ?
Well the finance company took it back, the dealer didn't care as they had been paid for it 👍 I was amazed too that we were able to just hand it back 😳 the car was picked up with 40 miles on it and driven to auction, dodged a bullet that's for sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.