Discovery Sport Forum banner

Sat nav

6K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
I have a 2018 DS HSE over the year that I have had it I have found the Navigation system to be bizarre in the extreme. On a medium length journey of say 180 miles that's would normally use the m3 m25 a1 and take 3 hours it wishes to route me via a34 m40 and then various A roads for a total distance of 220 mile and predict a time of 5hrs . A check with tomtom showed my normal route to be clear and a 3 hr journey time. This is only one example where it routes in a very convuloted way.
Is anyone aware of a software upgrade that changes the routing algorithms?

#2 ·
Have you got it set on Economical or Shortest route instead of Quickest? Check / set in Options when OK is displayed on route setting.

#4 ·
There are no upgrades that change the routing algorithms, just map upgrades.

I assume this is standard InControl Touch (8" screen) which does like to dive down single track lane shortcuts as travelling down them at the maximum speed limit makes the journey quicker if nonsensical.

I've never known it do something quite so bizarre as you suggest, maybe it's got some TMC traffic obstruction stuck in its memory. Tried a complete reset of the system?

#6 ·
Mine is MY17, bought with 12k on the clock and 2yo.
Sat nav directed me down unadapted farm tracks, minor roads instead of major and even through a British airways pass controlled car park. Devon and Somerset was just a nightmare as single track roads were preferred to A roads and dual carriageways all the time.
I had an evoque loan car from the dealer with the same system which performed perfectly on the same routes.
Had to fight for it for a number of weeks but finally the dealer upgraded both ICT software and the satnav including maps. It works just fine now, even down South West recently, could not fault routing.
Upgrading software and maps does work!

#9 ·
I was able to demonstrate consistent mis routing, I used two examples which the dealer was able to compare my car's sat nav with a newer model still running ICT and they could see the difference. Once they understood it was an identifiable problem it was fixed under warranty. Took weeks to convince them though, seemed I had to go through a process of escalation until I could speak to the right person in the dealership.

#10 ·
My MY19 is on 3.4 and it still does weird shit. It asks me to turn down a stupid looking lane and I just ignore it until the A road turn comes up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.