Discovery Sport Forum banner

N273 Outstanding Campaign

14K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  VeryDiscoSport 
G
#1 ·
Just seen on Topix my vehicle has the N273 outstanding campaign.

Does anyone have any more info as it only says N273 with no title.

#4 ·
Anyone with D240 or petrol DS got N273 on their Topix?

Or is it just D180? Assuming the first two are D180 as without DS spec in the signatures we're just guessing....

#6 ·
N273. Power Control Module update. My car only came back from the dealers today after completing warranty work. I'm about to ask why they didn't do it!
Edit - they're going to call me back.

#8 ·
Past master said:
N273. Power Control Module update. My car only came back from the dealers today after completing warranty work. I'm about to ask why they didn't do it!
Edit - they're going to call me back.
Interesting - "we may have done it. I'll have to check. If not I'll call you back".
Apparently if it has been done it won't disappear from TOPIx until LR have been billed by the dealer.

#13 ·
I'm guessing that the PCM control module software update is probably similar to the PCM software update that is listed in the original SSM73697 document: https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7558&hilit=faulty+dpf

This will control how the engine runs and they'll probably now want this deployed across the fleet, rather than dealers only doing it when a customer brings their car in and complains.

I know that once I had this updated on my car, all the issues I had with Amber and Red DPF lights went away, so I'm assuming it fixes how it runs the engine. Interestingly enough, I've had the PCM module updated on my car, and topix is not showing this as an outstanding campaign that needs done on my vehicle, ie. it's already been done. Though I can't find anywhere showing me that.

G
#14 ·
I am having the update applied in a few week but was told that it as an instrument cluster update. So wonder if it is linked to SSM74245 - Distance to Service Displayed Incorrectly on the Instrument Cluster - Ingenium Diesel Engines.

#15 ·
Interestingly, the new Ewok now has a separate message on the IC for 'Oil Change Required' when dilution gets to the magic number, rather than 'Service Required', which was confusing, and misleading at best.

#16 ·
My car was in the local dealership this week for some warranty work and I asked them for this update. When I picked the car up they told me there were no updates due. I'd like to check if this is actually that case as I have absolutely no trust or faith left in my dealership sadly.

Can someone tell me how to check for outstanding updates please?

#21 ·
It's a Powertrain Control Module software update. Takes approx 15 minutes, and my garage did it when I popped in for an Adblue top-up.

I'm fairly sure it does a full ECU reset as all the trip history was gone after the update too.

Car definitely feels better to drive after the update, but I don't know if that's a side effect of the reset, or the software itself.

#22 ·
SERVICE ACTION

Service Action
Number: N273
Subject:

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Update

Publication No.: N273
Model: Range Rover Evoque (LV)
Model Year: 2016 - 2017
VIN Range: 077912 - 183839
Model: Discovery Sport (LC)
Model Year: 2016 - 2017
VIN Range: 544577 - 648849
Date of Issue: 09/01/2019
Expiry Date: 31/01/2021

To:

All National Sales Companies (NSCs), importers, retailers and authorized repairers (excluding North America)
For the Attention of:

The Managing Director, Sales Director and Customer Service Director

Related information:

This bulletin is valid for two years only. Repairs must be complete and warranty claims accepted for payment prior to the expiry date at the top of this bulletin.

Dear Colleagues

A potential concern has been identified on specific vehicles within the above Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) range.

Customers may observe one of the following warnings on the Instrument Cluster (IC)

Restricted performance

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminated

Action to be taken

Following procedures appropriate to your market and as required by local legislation, owners of affected vehicles should be contacted requesting that the owner contact their nearest retailer/authorized repairer as soon as possible to arrange for the repair to be completed. A sample letter is attached which should be adapted to the requirements of your market.

Unsold vehicles must be repaired prior to handover of the vehicle for retail sale.

Check the Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Claims Submission System to make sure that the vehicle is affected by this bulletin prior to undertaking any rework action. The Claims Submission System will be updated to reflect only those vehicles affected. Should you require a list of the affected vehicles please contact the JLR Field Actions team by email at jlrcamp@jaguarlandrover.com. All overseas requests should be forwarded via the NSC/Regional Office only.

At the time of confirming a booking for a vehicle repair, make sure that all outstanding bulletins are identified to make sure the correct parts are available and adequate workshop time is allocated for repairs to be completed at one visit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.