Discovery Sport Forum banner

My HSE Dynamic Lux D240

11K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Mav71 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I last posted, and things have moved on somewhat. My 2016 Corris Grey HSE Luxury is now living in Scotland with its new owner.

So back in June, I bought another DS, this time a 2018 HSE Dynamic Lux D240.

Byron Blue with light a Cirrus Grey Leather
Entertainment Pack, with Phase 4.1 software update and Apple Car Play
Dual View
Gloss Black Roof Rails
Side Steps and Mudflaps
Also a fixed Tow-bar

Just got to remember how to post pics up on here lol, which I will do tomorrow.

Really pleased with the D240 as it's a major step up from the D180 (which I loved). A few observations which are interesting is the fact the D240 doesn't use Haldex for the four wheel drive and the Adblu consumption isnt anywhere near as high as the 2017MY> D180's. Just added 10L after hitting 12500 miles.

Glad to have stuck with a DS, although we were very close to going GLC350d.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good to see you back - I must say I did wonder what had happened to you, or whether you had traded out of the vehicle and left the marque completely. I, like most on here, will be interested to hear whether the oil dilution issue affecting the D180 units is also affecting the D240.

Do you still have the Astra Convertible just out of interest?

#3 ·
Hi buddy, I have always had the LR's but was conrunning one of the Facebook DS pages which took a bit of time, but it's a good page.

The D240 doesn't suffer from the Oil dilution "problem". But then my old D180 didn't either.

Really pleased with it so far.

Yes, still have the Astra. Nearly 9 years now and have been doing a few more engine upgrades.

Also have a 2015 Mini and a C250 Merc as well, so the DS is only doing about 5000 miles a year.

#4 ·
A few pics of my new DS, bought in June, as an 8 month old ex LR car.

2018 D240 HSE Dynamic Lux
Byron Blue with Cirrus Grey Interior
Entertainment Pack with Phase 4.1 and Apple Car Play
Dual View Screen
LR Gloss Black Roof Rails
Side Steps
LR Fixed Towbar
LR Mudflaps
Velar & RRS Badging

Loved the first DS, but this one is a major step up.

#6 ·
Mav71 said:
Could Admin kindly remove this post, as I realise I shouldn't have posted this here, so have done a new post with the pics.

Thanks
Merged instead as comments were on this post and not the other .
Nice car !

#8 ·
Cracking colour combo that Mav - given that they saw fit to drop Loire and Aintree, that would be my choice as well!

#10 ·
Yes - definitely needs the black pack to enhance the colour...it's a bit insipid with silver bits.

#11 ·
Bit of Disco love this morning. Swapped the front and rear wheels around, gave the underside a good clean, top up the washer bottle and a good clean.

Used my silver spare wheel (as only had one jack, and silver for sure doesn't suit this car at all!

Ensuring everything is dried off. Still can't believe the size of the brakes on this one. Huge compared to the D180.

Of course a little copper slip before the nuts go back on.

Can't beat a clean wheel arch lol

The larger vented rear discs are a nice touch too!

Then out comes the snow foam!

Got to love the new lay out!

Rumour has it, another major upgrade is on the way in the spring, which will further enhance the system with another new payout.

#16 ·
Mav, how are the discs holding up against corrosion just out of interest? OSR looks a bit suss in the photograph, but could just be light surface rust I suppose....have you had reason to get them replaced in the last 6 months?

#17 ·
They are discoloured as I had just washed everything down. When I bought the car, the rear discs and callipers were badly corroded.

Unfortunately, the latest service bulletin on discs now states that the discs have to be severely corroded to be covered by warranty, and mine were not bad enough based on the service bulletin. So the supplying dealer from Somerset authorised my dealer to replace the discs and pads and Taunton LR would cover the costs. The callipers were replaced under warranty.

So they are all perfect now. The discs that have been fitted are the 'later' spec versions and shouldn't corrode. Time will tell.

#18 ·
Colour combo is spot on! Wish I had the choice of Byron blue with the Landmark Edition. The black pack really makes a difference on this colour and is much better than the corris I've gone for!

#19 ·
Don't think I've ever seen a Dynamic Lux with front fogs before, nor was I aware that they were an option! Did you fit them yourself Mav?

#22 ·
Hughjarse said:
Mav71 said:
Thanks. I wasn't sure at first as the only Byron blue I saw at the time was an HSE Luxury. The silver trim didn't do the colour any favours.

I then googled it and saw it in a Dynamic and I was hooked!
How do you find the MPG compared to the last one you had?
It's about 3mpg overall better than the 180 when driven normally. I used to get between 30 and 31mog as an overall average, and this one is between 33 and 34.

But drive it hard and it will use more as expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.