The death of diesel? Or the future?

The place to discuss everything else..
NoDiscoSport

Re: The death of diesel? Or the future?

Post by NoDiscoSport » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 am

Reuters are saying that Ratan Tata met Theresa May "a few weeks ago", something that has apparently been confirmed by a Governmenf official. No word on what was discussed.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... WZ?rpc=401&
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm

Bit late for the government to get angry, one of the conditions of state aid is that no jobs are taken from the other country. Looks like EU cheated and lied again to get this “donation “ through.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... s-leave-EU
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 pm
Looks like EU cheated and lied again to get this “donation “ through.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... s-leave-EU
EU telling lies and cheating, would never happen in a million years would it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:27 pm

Was in a VW dealership getting some parts for my wife’s Golf (she ran into a bike being pushed along and the pedal broke some grilles - it’s a long story).

Anyway, had a look around the cars and was taken aback at the limited range of cars they were displaying. Of the dozen or so cars, there are about 5 Golfs, 5 Up!s, a Polo and a Touareg (seemed to be the odd one out). No Beetle, Touran, Tiguan (mildly interested in the Allspace), T-Roc and whatever else they make that I can’t recall.

Were they only displaying the cars they can actually sell, that have WLTP approval I wonder?
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:27 pm
Was in a VW dealership getting some parts for my wife’s Golf (she ran into a bike being pushed along and the pedal broke some grilles - it’s a long story).

Anyway, had a look around the cars and was taken aback at the limited range of cars they were displaying. Of the dozen or so cars, there are about 5 Golfs, 5 Up!s, a Polo and a Touareg (seemed to be the odd one out). No Beetle, Touran, Tiguan (mildly interested in the Allspace), T-Roc and whatever else they make that I can’t recall.

Were they only displaying the cars they can actually sell, that have WLTP approval I wonder?
There was a news article a couple of weeks ago that they are to stop making the iconic beetle , a sad day as it’s such a great fun car , but looks like WLTP might have killed it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516677
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Past master

Post by Past master » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Manufacturers are saying that the new regulations have created a shortage of cars, which in turn led to a drop in September sales figures:

UK sales of new cars – which can be seen as a bellwether for the overall health of the British economy – plunged by a fifth in September, in a month that is traditionally a bumper one for sales as consumers rush to buy cars with new number plates.
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders blamed more rigorous emissions testing rules for creating supply problems, resulting in a backlog of deliveries as car manufacturers suffered delays in getting their cars approved.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... esel-wanes
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

PhilMabbots17

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:26 am

Automotive News Europe is one of several news agencies saying that JLR-Chery is to spend $1,000,000,000 on a new EV facility in China. Another nail being pushed firmly into the diesel coffin - China has declared it will cap vehicle emissions within 11 years. Whether the 200,000 annual production capacity will be for domestic or world-wide consumption wasn't stated.
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
REJECTED: 17MY DS HSE 2.0L 148HP Indus Silver Park Assist Electric Tow Bar

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Dashnine wrote:

Oh, they didn't mention the 10,000 cars (pan VAG products) parked up in Berlin's new (unfinished) airport or the other 200,000 around Europe that can't be sold until they have their new WLTP certificates.......VW have currently allocated €1bn to this problem (lost orders, compensation to customers etc etc)
Gone: SD4 HSE, 2 x TD4 HSE Lux.

His - Mercedes E220d AMG Estate & Hers - Mercedes E220d AMG Cabriolet

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 pm

BFGDSMan wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm
Dashnine wrote:

Oh, they didn't mention the 10,000 cars (pan VAG products) parked up in Berlin's new (unfinished) airport or the other 200,000 around Europe that can't be sold until they have their new WLTP certificates.......VW have currently allocated €1bn to this problem (lost orders, compensation to customers etc etc)
It’s why I haven’t even bothered going to look at a Kodiaq, it’s a 6 month waiting list and that’s as they dribble out of the WLTP testing process according to vehicle spec / weight combination.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

XT9710

Post by XT9710 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:55 pm

A bloke in our local pub just got a brand new tiguan, company car he has no idea about wltp etc etc , its a large company the car could have been ordered month ago, he just chose it from ' ordered stock'

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”