MAGA - Four More Years !

The place to discuss everything else..
timhum

Re: MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by timhum » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:59 pm

The fact I find most disconcerting is that Trump won close to 47% of the popular vote, something like 75 million votes. How Biden will unite the country is hard to figure out but lets hope for the best.

Tim
Tim
HSE auto, now replaced by a RRS P400.

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:36 am

Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

RPR

Post by RPR » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 pm

Good riddence to the odious :evil:
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:29 pm

I’m sure that I’m not alone in hoping that he’s also suspended for ever. I just wish Twitter etc had taken this step much earlier.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 pm

timhum wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:59 pm
The fact I find most disconcerting is that Trump won close to 47% of the popular vote, something like 75 million votes. How Biden will unite the country is hard to figure out but lets hope for the best.

Tim
But not everyone voted, probably all Trump's people, so he actually received around 35% of available votes from people over 21.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am

Canuk wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 pm
But not everyone voted, probably all Trump's people, so he actually received around 35% of available votes from people over 21.
I think that’s very dangerous thinking. Truth is, 45% of the VOTERS did vote for trump. Ignoring that fact is a serious mistake. The left tend to believe everyone to the right of them is a hate fuelled racist and conspiracy theorist that must be silenced.
Some certainly are, but then a decent chunk of Biden supporters are anarchists and communists who equally must be shut down. But only a relatively noisy but small proportion on both sides are lunatics. Most are decent people who want the same outcome but simply hold a different view on how you achieve that. To disregard such people entirely and tar them with the “they’re all racists” badge will only serve to fragment the population further and push more moderates to the extremes.

Our own political model has worrying similarities. The left tried to rise up last time but there’s still enough collective memory here of what their policies deliver and they rightly failed. The UK is still pretty centrist at the moment. But give it a few years, if the Tories ignore those to the left of them, and we could be in the same boat.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Mike_l

Post by Mike_l » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:10 pm

41jules1967 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am
Canuk wrote:
I think that’s very dangerous thinking. Truth is, 45% of the VOTERS did vote for trump. Ignoring that fact is a serious mistake.....
A lot of people voted for Trump because he was on the Republican ticket.
Many people would vote for him whatever ticket he was on , but if it was a choice between Trump & another Republican - who knows ?

I think if Trump had dialed down the spite & bullying just for Election year he could easily have won despite the Pandemic.

My view of the Georgia Senate rerun is that Trump lost them that election through a mix of Republican voter apathy & Democrat engagement .
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:25 pm

41jules1967 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:37 am
Canuk wrote:
I think that’s very dangerous thinking. Truth is, 45% of the VOTERS did vote for trump. Ignoring that fact is a serious mistake. The left tend to believe everyone to the right of them is a hate fuelled racist and conspiracy theorist that must be silenced.
Some certainly are, but then a decent chunk of Biden supporters are anarchists and communists who equally must be shut down. But only a relatively noisy but small proportion on both sides are lunatics. Most are decent people who want the same outcome but simply hold a different view on how you achieve that. To disregard such people entirely and tar them with the “they’re all racists” badge will only serve to fragment the population further and push more moderates to the extremes.

Our own political model has worrying similarities. The left tried to rise up last time but there’s still enough collective memory here of what their policies deliver and they rightly failed. The UK is still pretty centrist at the moment. But give it a few years, if the Tories ignore those to the left of them, and we could be in the same boat.
Sounds like PaddyPower posting
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Canada going to declare Trump's "Proud Boys" a Terror Group.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:56 pm

I hear Mexico are now willing to pay for the wall, and Canada want one too...
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black