MAGA - Four More Years !

The place to discuss everything else..
RPR

Re: MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by RPR » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Chippy wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:55 pm
@canuk, who in their right mind would waste their time reading such a load of absolute drivel. Not me that’s for sure.

A little off topic but very heartening all the same the pictures of the 90 year old lady in the UK getting her first Covid-19 vaccination.

It surely shows how important international cooperation is. Something the nearly ex US president has yet to grasp and presumably never will.

A vaccine developed by a German company BioNTech set up by a couple of Turkish origin, cooperating with a US company and producing in Belgium. You can’t get much more international than that.

Hats off to all those who are genuinely helping us out of this terrible situation rather than spending their lives looking after number one.
Well said. Let's concentrate on the important things and not the igotistical windbag over the pond
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

HmmmUK

Re: Texas sues States involvd in ballot fraud

Post by HmmmUK » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:49 am

PaddyPower wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 am
States Back Texas in Supreme Court Suit Alleging ‘Unconstitutional’ Election in Battleground States

Bla bla bla...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 am

Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:35 am

Yeah - if you tell people, who believe rubbish like they're armed so they can defend the county, and also believe the moon landings were faked and the earth is flat, that the election was stolen (presumably by the Lizard people and Peadophiles that meet in a coffee shop) - you shouldn't be too surprised when they do something silly.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Living so close to the USA (14 KM) from nearest Border entry we travel often to the USA and vacation there often as well, but have never seen the class of citizen at the riot. We watched it happening yesterday live on TV and had to turn the TV off, as it was just so sad and frightening.

Trump has a severe mental problem and he should have been removed long ago. The harm he has done to the country will take decades to fix, or maybe it will never be fixed.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

Chippy

Re: MAGA - Four More Years

Post by Chippy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Your concern is legitimate Canuk. I can well imagine that you don’t see the type of person that took part in this treacherous act but the problem is that there seem to be enough of them to carry out Trump's commands.

Here there was widespread and open condemnation of his actions from our Federal President as well as from Mrs. Merkel and the leaders of all political parties. Something we’ve never seen before.

Trump not only has severe mental problems but he is also beyond help. The only every normal person can now hope for is that he somehow be banned from ever again holding any political office.

The damage he has done in four years is beyond belief. The Chinese who he hates are now laughing all the way to the bank as a direct result of his actions.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Mike_l

Post by Mike_l » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:58 pm

The scary thing is that Trump's followers don't really care what any other country or person says.
They just want more from their poster-boy even if they have to go to Newsmax or Parler when Fox or Twitter have had enough of him.

Hopefully Pence will see the light & realise the only way he can make himself look good for an election campaign in 2024 is stand up for himself , late though it is.

As well as stopping him running, Biden must be desperately hoping there's some way to starve Trump of any further publicity so USA can get back to business.
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

RPR

Post by RPR » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:38 pm

Pence isn't firing on all cylinders neither. He believes in creationalism :lol:
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 am

Trump will never stand again and there's no chance that if he did, he'd be picked to run, so he'll fall back and hide in his shiny tower once this is all over, coming out only for Fox News interviews.
However, before we grab our pitchforks, I am really struck by the crass hypocrisy that runs through all of this.
Trump didn't tell the mob to storm the building. He told them to protest outside, which is perfectly legitimate. He can't be held responsible for the poor policing and security once the arrived and he has condemned them for what they did, but he didn't plan, orchestrate or even publicly support the actions of the mob.
The Trump protest lasted a relatively short time and from the footage I've seen, once in the building, the vast majority were very peaceful and were wandering around bemused. There was almost no damage caused or actual violence within. Once the authorities got themselves organised, normality was restored. They didn't set fire to the building and even the moron that went into Nancy Pelosi's office did little more than write her a note.

Now, contrast that with the rhetoric and behaviour of the Democrats (and the media) when violent mobs on their side of the fence attacked and actually took over entire cities in the recent past. No condemnation, no demands that law and order were restored. Instead, they were happy to leave these mobs in place, with their barricades and 'Police free zones' smashing up buildings, attacking people, setting fire to buildings, looting, doing untold damage and destroying livelihoods. Then, somehow, it was all ok.
What was the difference other than the symbolic importance of the building - and remember, this wasn't planned. Had the building had proper security (like our own does), it would have remained a noisy external protest and simply gone home when it got dark.

So No - I smell the extreme stench of hypocrisy here.

As for "damage Trump has done". In terms of he reaction to Covid absolutely - with you 100% there - shows his lack of intellect clearly. Global warming is another thing his side of the fence are dangerously out of touch with reality on. There's a list of other things I think the US 'right' are hopelessly wrong about, but "Damage"? What? What exactly has he messed up? He's stood up to China, negotiated calm with North Korea, negotiated numerous peace agreements in the Middle East,(all good things, regular politicians wouldn't have even attempted) and as I understand it, pre-covid, had the US economy running well - so what damage has he done exactly?
Race wise, as I've said, he's done a lot more on the ground for minorities than the Democrats have ever done.
He's certainly played the far right, but they were there before he arrived and will continue on without him. Point me to a single thing he's done to aid them.
He has cut through the crap in most cases. Ok, mostly because he doesn't understand political nuance, but that nuance has a dark side. It encourages those who'd abuse that privilege. Like China, Iran and some in the ME. In terms of those, the US and the rest of us are in a much better position now, than we were before Trump arrived.

So no, what I hear is a hell of a lot of left wing mob mentality, whipped up by the left wing media and when I look at the Democrats (or until recently our own Labour Party), what I see is no less terrifying. In some ways actually more scary. They're a lot closer to Orwell's 1984, than the right.

Not that I want either side in power, but moderates no longer appear to hold sway.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Paddy ?????
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater