MAGA - Four More Years !

The place to discuss everything else..
Canuk

Re: MAGA - Four More Years !

Post by Canuk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:42 am

Glad you realize the planet rotates I was worried you where a flatearther like so many other cultists.

I am happy you finally mentioned you where from the USA, I was worried that the UK had fallen apart. But I agree that most people in the UK do not have full access to multiple US stations and you probably have more stations than myself to watch but I stayed up late as well on the Pacific coast. I have over 215 English language stations and it seemed like 214 broadcast the results full time.

Woke up and smell the coffee
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

PaddyPower

Post by PaddyPower » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:41 am

Irish-American, but currently in England on assignment. I lived in an RV on the Ottawa River for a while then one winters day I hitched to Union station, bought a VIA oneway ticket up the twisting step to Winnipeg, Jasper and Vancouver. Wouldn't care if I never saw another fir tree till the day I die. Wall to wall fir trees and no sunshine for what - 3 maybe 4 days? stopping to let 2 miles of freight train go first, piss that froze before it hit the floor, acres of rusting combine harvesters, Edith Cavell and a frozen submarine in a frozen lake. I remember that beautiful last light, still taste the air. Enjoy the coffee.
National Fleet Manager

RPR

Post by RPR » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:18 am

Just to add a little 'balance'.

A short documentary about the genius that is Trumpie

MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

Mike_l

Post by Mike_l » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:17 am

I'm sure if Paddy really was a Fleet manager as is claimed, then he'd have real work to do instead of posting
tired old nonsense here.

but then I thought Trump would have work to do as president for next 2 months - like planning an orderly handover or working out how
to say 'Congratulations Joe'

It is off-topic chat and anyone else can ignore it. I'm just amused watching it play out for so long - but everything has to come to an end.
MY2017 HSE Delivered June 17 - Silicon Silver , Black contrast Roof, Reduced size Spare wheel, Heated Steering Wheel

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:47 am

Well, at least it's over now (somebody please tell Trump).
Ultimately I tend to find every 'winner' whether here or in the colonies isn't as bad as I fear. Most of Trump's lunacy was primarily kept in his tweets. Whether his staff kept his policies mostly in line with reality I'm not sure, or whether he isn't quite as dumb as he'd like everyone to think. (His environmental credentials though run in direct conflict with that view so who knows).
Biden is also an odd one. Clearly a text book left wing racist, like our own Jeremy but not as extreme. He's also rich (like Jeremy) but more corrupt even than Trump which possibly makes him a touch more predictable.
They also say he's a Europhile and like his pal Obama, has no affection for Britain or respect of the 'special relationship' so I think we can say goodbye to any prospect of a trade deal. Lets just hope the US doesn't need our help in another conflict as, after last time, I suspect they'll be told to bugger off.
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:11 am

It wouldn’t surprise me if Trump just left the White House at some time in the relatively near future and leave others to sort out the mess.

If (and it’s an absolutely massive if) he were to win then how on earth, having made such a fool of himself in the last few days, will he convince the world leaders that have congratulated Biden that he Trump is still the man. Especially his big friend in Israel who was one of the early people to see the writing on the wall.

No doubt this topic will drag on for a while and keep some members on here busy airing their views.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

tangey

Post by tangey » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:37 am

Clearly a text book left wing racist, like our own Jeremy but not as extreme. He's also rich (like Jeremy) but more corrupt even than Trump which possibly makes him a touch more predictable.

Left wing
Democrats are all considered left wing, just as republicans are all considered right wing, so stating he is left wing, is by definition saying he's a democrat. But there's a wide envelope on both sides.

I follow US politics reasonably closely, but wouldn't pretend to know an awful lot about Biden.

But what I have heard in the last several weeks is that, he is considered to be one of the more conservative democrats, and had a long history in the senate of doing by-partisan agreements, and had a good working relationship with McConnell while he was there, although that apparent soured dur to healthcare.

Rich
Biden made just under $1M in 2019, and paid just under $300K in taxes. I suspect anyone that has been in the senate as long as he has, ends up getting various deals. We don't know what trump made in the year before he became president or how much tax he paid (he's under audit !). But he always implies his personal fortune is in billions (although there are some suggestions he is net in debt...who knows).

Racist.
Haven't seen anything that would allow me to pin that on him. I have seen loads that pins that firmly on Trump.

Corrupt.
Likely, but I've come to the opinion quite some time ago, show me a politician that isn't corrupt and I'll show you an "unsuccessful" politician. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" as someone once said, and I don't think it was spiderman's uncle Ben.
MY20 Discovery Sport P250 HSE Portofino with 360 camera, adaptive dampers, configurable dynamics

Previously
Mercedes GLC250D
Volvo XC60

41jules1967

Post by 41jules1967 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:11 am

Interesting. I've not personally seen anything that pins racism on Trump unless you choose to misinterpret. Many accusations against him are undoubtably accurate - but not, from what I've seen, racist. Certainly his many Black supporters and friends don't feel so.

When I say, "Left Wing Racist", the point I'm making is that for some reason the left seem to believe they're utterly incapable of racism and therefore the accusation is absurd. Rather like the accusations of antisemitism ranged against Corbyn. "He can't be - he's fought racism all his life". Well, clearly not true if the recent official investigation is anything to go by. For Biden, I thought his comment that if you vote for Trump you can't be Black was pretty racist. I get the inference, only the Democrats will help minorities but I firmly believe that the left, whether consciously or not, base their racial perspectives on a concept of victimhood. If you're Black you're automatically a victim and by inference incapable of getting on in life without their (white saviour) assistance. Only they will help you therefore you need them. Hence they tend to push that victim narrative. It's pretty racist when you think about it, basically viewing Black people as lesser.

The Republicans view appeared to be that this false victim mentality had brought huge suffering to those communities as, if you're a victim and the world will crush you no matter what you do, why try? It's a self fulfilling prophecy. So, the 'moderate right' simply want to get rid of all that baggage to allow those communities to succeed. I saw an interview with a Black student recently. Clearly highly intelligent and hard working from her story but when asked whether she felt she was at this university through raw merit or whether she felt she was only there through positive discrimination (and hence was less capable than her white colleagues), she couldn't answer. That's tragic, will harm her throughout her life and a direct result of left wing thinking.

It's that same narrative that feeds the rampant antisemitism on the left and why Corbyn and friends can't recognise it. Jews are generally regarded as successful (there are plenty that aren't but are ignored as it doesn't fit the narrative) and because they, alongside the Chinese, Sikh's and some other groups, refuse to play the victim card and instead quietly help themselves, they can't be a real minority and hence, whatever you think about them isn't racism.

In terms of corruption, I refer to the laptop scandal, that clearly demonstrated him clearly being paid for direct meetings whilst vice president. I'm not aware of any such accusation against Trump of his people.

Something clearly needs to change in terms of partisanship on both sides of the pond. We all need to get back to consensus politics and move back towards the centre. Hopefully we're starting to see that happening, but when we see, please correct me if I'm wrong, Biden staying silent as BLM and Antifa ran riot, at one point imposing their fascist regime on unwilling residents of several cities, I question his ability to truly lead. (Whereas Trump is on record clearly criticising the far right).
So, Biden, far from an ideal candidate, but then I was very much in favour of Obama and he was catastrophic so what do I know?
2019 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Lux 7 seat & spare wheel - (DIY Fitted Towbar, Mudflaps, Wireless charging pad, Side Steps )
2012 Jaguar XF-S Premium Luxury
Previous - Mercedes (Various C & E Classes), 2 x Freelander2's

tangey

Post by tangey » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:29 am

"I thought his comment that if you vote for Trump you can't be Black was pretty racist"

My pickup from that was he was saying that in his opinion Trump has so clearly demonstrated that he was racist/white supremacy leaning, that you'd be mad to vote for him if you were black (I'm paraphrasing). It was however unbelievably clumsy and implied that he knew better than the black electorate, never a good idea to insult the judgement of the people from which you are trying to get votes. Also, given some post election analysis, it appears he was entirely wrong and a lot of non-white (particularly latinas in florida) went with Trump. This would dial into your thought (which I broadly agree with) that many did not like "If you're Black you're automatically a victim and by inference incapable of getting on in life without their (white saviour) ", 'racism' (with a small r)
MY20 Discovery Sport P250 HSE Portofino with 360 camera, adaptive dampers, configurable dynamics

Previously
Mercedes GLC250D
Volvo XC60

seatsl

Post by seatsl » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:06 am

DOJ_20201109_1947ET.PNG

Federal prosecutors will investigate any “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities after attorney general William Barr authorized a Department of Justice probe into the 2020 presidential election results, according to reports. In a memo to US attorneys, obtained by The Associated Press, Mr Barr wrote that the DOJ could conduct investigations “if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual state”.

The action allows prosecutors to circumvent longstanding policy that would otherwise prevent dramatic actions being taken between the day of the election and the formal certification of results. It comes after Donald Trump refused to concede the election following projections of Joe Biden’s win on Saturday.

The president indicated on the weekend that he would contest the results of the election and continue to push his claims that voter fraud swung key states in the Democrats’ direction. The Trump campaign on Monday filed a number of lawsuits in Michigan and Pennsylvania alleging voting irregularities, with GOP chairwoman saying they had obtained 131 affidavits in Detroit to challenge the results.

In Pennsylvania, meanwhile, campaign general counsel Matthew Morgan said they have filed two lawsuits with the US District Court against the secretary of state alleging violation of equal access and equal protection. While the campaign’s press conference announcing the lawsuits was heavy on allegations, it was light on providing specific evidence to substantiate the claims.

The wording of Mr Barr’s memo suggests “credible allegations” will be enough to open investigations to confirm if any evidence does or does not exist. GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said a whistleblower complaint from a City of Detroit election worker that alleged back-dating of ballots would form part of the campaign’s investigation.

“How is it a conspiracy when a whistleblower from the City of Detroit is saying ‘I was told by my supervisors to lie and backdate ballots, this is somebody protected by the law, there’s no conspiracy there,” she said.
Independent
MSN covering Independent
Volvo XC60 B5 (Petrol) AWD R-Design 2.0 5dr
Gone - Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi Zetec AWD