2018 What Car? Reliability poll...bad news for JLR

The place to discuss everything else..
Barnsh

Re: 2018 What Car? Reliability poll...bad news for JLR

Post by Barnsh » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 pm

More doom and gloom for JLR
Which car brand is the least reliable? Looking for a car brand you can really rely on? Our survey would suggest avoiding Land Rover, the only manufacturer to score a meagre two stars out of five for reliability for cars aged 0-3 years.

This worryingly low rating comes after nearly half (47%) of all owners of new models in our survey had to take their car to the garage to be repaired in the 12 months before our survey. This is a shocking statistic for cars that are so new.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/10/is ... erm=fbnews
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Badgerface

Re: 2018 What Car? Reliability poll...bad news for JLR

Post by Badgerface » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Barnsh, they are architects of their own downfall. By not listening to customers, fobbing customers with legitimate concerns off, instructing their dealer network to do exactly the same, they will not succeed in the repeat business sector.

Underneath all the chintz and tinsel, they are a very basic and distinctly average operation, both in the way that they are run, and the way that they treat a customer once they have had their money. The statistics don't lie, yet no doubt someone senior from MS&S will give a pre-prepared statement blaming the customer for their driving style....etc...etc....etc.....

And on and on it will go.....
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

PhilMabbots17

JLR: Tata's "Cuckoo In The Nest"

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:11 am

....or not, as the case may be. A BZW guy I play golf with thinks a "toxic combination" of market conditions (Chinese trade war with Trump, Brexit, diesel emissions scandal, climate change, switch to clean energy) will depress global car sales for at least the next 6 months, especially for niche players lacking the breadth and depth of the "big 3". They watch Tata from an Asian perspective and think that two more quarters of losses at JLR would seal the case for Tata to offload what is beginning to be viewed as a "cuckoo in the nest", as it continues to swallow up large slugs of capital that Tata cant really afford. The prospect of negative cashflow for the next 24 months plus the end of the Evoque "cash-cow payments" is putting huge pressure on the board to quit now while Tata is still ahead, rather than roll the dice again for an uncertain outcome. The investors are said to be fuming about Tata's inability to pay dividends and the downgrading of its overall credit rating and feel they are having to pay the price for things that they cant control.

When I mentioned the quality and reliability problems at Land Rover and explained why I wouldn't buy another one he just did this: :roll:

From the Motley Fool. "Why Tata Motors' Shares Are Down Over 11% Today"
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/10/ ... today.aspx
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
REJECTED: 17MY DS HSE 2.0L 148HP Indus Silver Park Assist Electric Tow Bar

NoDiscoSport

Tata Motors described as "value trap" for investors

Post by NoDiscoSport » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 am

ET Intelligence Group is the latest market analyst to downgrade Tata Motors, following the recent performance of JLR.

Global headwinds take a toll on Tata Motors, stock falls 20% intraday
By Ashutosh Shyam, ET Bureau|Oct 10, 2018, 08.37 AM IST
ET Intelligence Group: After each significant fall in the shares of Tata Motors over the past 12 months, analysts used to spot a buying opportunity considering the company’s growth prospects in the domestic commercial vehicles business and a sustained momentum in JLR, its UK subsidiary. But, this was no more the case when the stock crashed by nearly 20 per cent intraday on Tuesday after JLR shut down its second plant for two weeks due to lower demand. A sharp drop in the September quarter sales volume was enough for analysts to change the narrative on Tata Motors’ stock from a “screaming buy” to a “value-trap”. Macro headwinds such as Brexit, tariff war, low appetite for diesel vehicles, and regulatory changes are impacting the company’s growth prospects. (Full article)

There's a mention of "borrowing costs" in this piece which I believe refers to the balance of the $20 billion that JLR is trying to secure from the sale of new bonds to pave the way for their ambitious expansion plans. With a BB+ credit rating it will be harder for them to find enough willing investors without offering higher coupons, which in turn will squeeze profits due to higher annual repayments they will be making for several years to come. It could become a vicious spiral. But if the credit rating were to slip any further, they might be unable to secure sufficient funding for the planned expansion at any rate of interest. This will be weighing heavily on the minds of the Tata board as they decide what to do for the best.
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”