Rav4

The place to discuss everything else..
Trojan

The Seduction of Japanese Engineering Excellence.

Post by Trojan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:36 am

Trojan wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:34 am
The RAV4 is still America's most popular car with 448,000 units sold in 2019 (+10%). That's 60,000 more than its nearest "ordinary car" rival, the Honda CR-V. No numbers available for the DS but overall JLR is expanding its market share steadily, now up to an impressive 0.7%.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g27041933/best-selling-cars-2019/?slide=22
People can say what they like about the looks but I have definitely seen my new car. If they don't sell half a million of these in the USA next year I'd be very surprised.

302 BHP. 0-60 in 6.2 seconds. AWD. 130HP Rear Motor. 38 mile EV range. 90 mpg combined. 29g CO2. 6 hour charge. 700 mile range. Sub £40K.

phev_badge-detail_v3_white.jpg

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/170780/2020-toyota-rav4-plug-in-hybrid-more-details-revealed-about-302bhp-suv
2017 HSE 180 Corris Grey

ADB78

Re: Rav4

Post by ADB78 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 pm

They might sell in the us but it looks like a dated Hyundai to me . The mpg is great but its a bloody horrible looking car .. Enjoy from the inside because from the outside they look crap .
2015 DS 2.2 HSE LUX , BLACK PACK WITH A RUBBISH INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM :D

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 am

ADB78 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 pm
They might sell in the us but it looks like a dated Hyundai to me . The mpg is great but its a bloody horrible looking car .. Enjoy from the inside because from the outside they look crap .
Aesthetic appeal is, as you obviously realised when making that post, entirely subjective. The evidence from retail sales volumes recorded across Europe suggests that the new RAV 4 appeals to more Europeans than the Discovery Sport. Better value for money, impeccable reliability and future-proofed technology has widened the sales gap between these two cars from 62% to 228% over five years. I'm saying nothing bad about the DS, after all I bought one.

It's just that - as we were recently reminded - the "people" are never wrong. ;)

Capture.JPG

2017 HSE 180 Corris Grey

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am

Nice polite response to a childish remark 🙄
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

ADB78

Post by ADB78 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:51 pm

Each to their own , Thanks Paul . Havent been called a child for many years . Each person looks for different things in different cars and i agree that all other companies have very good cars. Just dont understand why they plug them so much on a discovery forum , regardless if its in the off topic section. By 2035 we will all be electric and all be bragging how quick our car charges. Dont take the post above in a bad way. Its just personal taste ( red interior ouch !! ). The lexus and rav just look very square for me. But you both owned a DS and i 100% agree that even though in my opinion the car looks better than both the lexus and rav the technology inside is 10 years behind. Which in another post i stated that this would be the downfall of a very popular car. Enjoy both cars
2015 DS 2.2 HSE LUX , BLACK PACK WITH A RUBBISH INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM :D

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:30 am

All personal taste, i fully agree hence why I never meaningfully criticise the choices of others.

I’ve often said I may return to a DS, if only LR could sort out its quality issues and dealer attitudes. I know people who hate the shape of the DS, relating it to the jelly mould Sierra days, but I don’t mind it.
One thing that may prevent me going back to a DS though is fuel consumption. It would have to be petrol & I am watching others’ consumption with interest. I’m getting the same ave mpg over 20k miles (36.2) with my 3.5L petrol hybrid that I did with a 2.0L diesel DS. Factoring in the price difference at the pumps between petrol & diesel, together with much better refinement is going to make the decision difficult. I will await the hybrid version with anticipation.

As for the infotainment systems, the Lexus is just as crap as the DS🙄

The red interior, I was unsure of at first but now I love it, have the same in my Evora, just can't stand dismal black all over. The ivory in my DS was great and would still be my first choice, makes the car feel a much more nicer place to be. After all, when I’m in the car that’s all I see 😉
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

ntc

Post by ntc » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Paul
You are right on many points in your reply,the sad thing is JLR is just to far behind and they will rush to try and catch up and I fear they will pay the price for the way they rushed the recent models and made a pigs ear of doing it .Indeed LRA is very busy round my way with call outs to there hybrid and plug in RRs
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”