Employees at Solihull after job losses play a joke

The place to discuss everything else..
Badgerface

Re: Employees at Solihull after job losses play a joke

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am

Yes, good idea.

Whilst you are at it, you could add a sub-poll to it:

Who thinks that they should have banter at work to break up the monotony?
Should we laugh at satire nowadays in a modern PC-obsessed society?

This is about nothing more than adhering to a "diversity statement", as publicised in the full statement from the JLR "spokesman" yesterday. (Are we still allowed to say spokesman? Or has that been swept away under the aforementioned?"

As mentioned earlier, a sense of perspective and a grip on reality would go a long way these days.....I won't hold my breath though, given the hysterical reaction to this thread. :roll:
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am

The fact it was banter and it appears all his work mates new it was banter in this day in age it shows there’s always soneone at work, smiling at you, that will stab you in the back at the first chance they get.

The fact he wore it on track, and no managers quietly pulled him aside and said “OK the jokes overmate” speaks volumes ....where were the managers.?

It was banter which nowadays has sadly dissapeared due to PC , glad I won’t be around in 40 odd years to see the consequence of this.

Please note for PC and information notice:
if we have any male gendered folks that now decide, as they quite rightfully can, to be classed as female gendered , you can now have a smear test without even having a vagina. Go figure that one?!
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 am

And still they wonder where all the waste lies in the NHS.......
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!

Troon

Post by Troon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am
I won't hold my breath though, given the hysterical reaction to this thread. :roll:
By "hysterical reaction", you mean some people disagreed with you? :roll:
Mark
DS HSE 180PS diesel auto, Byron / Cirrus, towbar

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Perhaps...perhaps not.

Am I not allowed an opinion of my own anymore in your book then? If that's not Totalinarinism at work, then I don't know what is...

People are free to agree or disagree...it's what polarises debate. Or are you an advocate of stifling that in the interests of PC?

Whooooooosh

Post by Whooooooosh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

IMHO imitation bomb vests ain't funny. A bit like going to a fancy dress party as KKK, it just ain't funny.

Had he worn a bullet proof vest I would have laughed my arse off.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE LUX - Aintree Green + Cream Leather

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Did he overstep the threshold of common decency? If so, his line is his manager should have been told to bollock him and that would have been an end to it.

simon

Post by simon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:36 am
hysterical reaction to this thread. :roll:
Sorry - who's getting hysterical ?

I have my opinion (I'm not a nut roast eating, hessian wearing Guardian reader BTW) you have your opinion. Can't see any hysteria in the thread yet :|
There are far better forums to be welcomed at than this one that locks threads because certain members can’t take a bit of criticism :roll:

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Ah.....Highlander hits the nail on the head!

That would involve using common sense, which is verboten in today's modern multi-culti, PC, all-embracing, diverse workplace. Entire HR departments go on residential courses at vast expense to learn the modern mantra, and use it as a stick to beat it's gullible workforce with.

These overpaid fools have to be seen to be doing something over something so innocuous to justify both their position within the organisation and their accompanying exorbitant salaries. It is happening everywhere, and I liken It to a cancer spreading insidiously across the entire country in every workplace. (Although I suspect that this incident in part has more to do with his colleague using a camera phone in a vehicle production area, which is not allowed in any of JLR's sites)

Remember: today's snowflakes are tomorrow's Managers and Directors in ten/twenty years time.....by then, (hopefully) robots will have taken over and they can bollock them instead. Meanwhile, its all too easy to hang a bloke having a bit of a joke (albeit in bad taste) out to dry, and elevates the scumbag who made such a fuss about it in the first place further up the greasy pole.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:54 pm

Whooooooosh wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm
IMHO imitation bomb vests ain't funny. A bit like going to a fancy dress party as KKK, it just ain't funny.

Had he worn a bullet proof vest I would have laughed my arse off.
Indeed, that is your opinion. And as we all know, everybody sees things differently. Personally, I wouldn't find anyone going to a fancy dress party dressed as anything offensive, but then maybe I have a different outlook on life to you? That's no bad thing - the world would be most boring if we all thought,the same (which is the long-term plan of Social Engineering and Political Correctness)

Remember the confected faux-outrage a few years ago when Prince Harry went to a party dressed as Osama Bin Laden? Or when he dressed up as a Gestapo Officer at another one? Most people laughed it off as the joke that it was intended to be, but then there is always ALWAYS somebody out there that is professionally offended on behalf of nobody.......Social Media has a lot to answer for!

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”