Discovery Sport Forum banner

Maintenance Plan Refund Anyone ?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dashnine 
#1 ·
Soon to say cheerio to my DS after 3 years mainly trouble free motoring, low mileage meant I have only used one service under the "plan". Just enquired as to how to claim outstanding balance only to be told "no refund under T&C's" of the contract !
Checked original paperwork which didn't include detailed T&C's, only the simple "sign here" form and no mention of use it or lose it from the Salesman.
Anyone else experienced this one ?

#2 ·
Well yes, never even occurred to me - the Service Plan stays with the car hence people finding their new (to them) car already has a plan with it.

#3 ·
Not sure that is exactly true, a previous car I had was an XK Jaguar, from the same dealership with a plan managed by EMac as well and I received a refund on that occasion and it involved a much higher premium ! So it certainly didn't follow the car then hence my request for the balance to be refunded, you are essentially paying for something you aren't going to receive without it being fully communicate at point of sale, classic mis-selling practice to me.

#4 ·
OSH now only requires the VIN so I should imagine it stays with the car.

Anyway, my "Five Year Service Plan" has just become a "2.5 Year Service Plan" after both services were consumed within 33,000 miles. :roll:

S

#5 ·
I would have thought, from a mis-selling perspective, that if you were sold a 5 year Service Plan, then that is the essence of the contract, irrespective of the amount of services that the vehicle has required. Mileage obviously a factor and no doubt buried in the small print, but if it was communicated to you at the point of order as '5 years' then that is what forms the contract, and would be very relevant if the case were to go to arbitration one would think.

#6 ·
As long as I've had a LR, I've always been aware that the service plan stayed with the car.

#7 ·
In all likelihood I'll be backing a loser contractually, however the service plan clearly showed services numbered S1 through to S5 and i've only received S1.
This doesn't line up with the previous XK plan and just means I will end up leaving the fold on a sour note, having had a succession of cars from Jaguar/Land Rover there has been a gradual erosion in the quality of customer service and to some extent the product in some cases.

#8 ·
Pooliepete said:
In all likelihood I'll be backing a loser contractually, however the service plan clearly showed services numbered S1 through to S5 and i've only received S1.
This doesn't line up with the previous XK plan and just means I will end up leaving the fold on a sour note, having had a succession of cars from Jaguar/Land Rover there has been a gradual erosion in the quality of customer service and to some extent the product in some cases.
You've got a petrol DS then (5 services, every year / 16K), not a diesel (2 services, every 2 years / 21K)?

Oil dilution oil and filter changes aren't taken out of the service pack unless it roughly coincides with the scheduled service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.