All Discovery Sport related discussions
Ian_S

Facelifted Discovery Sport in Summer?

Post by Ian_S » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 am

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... ort-summer

Of course we all know where we'll looking on this one... :D
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

Barnsh

Re: Facelifted Discovery Sport in Summer?

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:01 am

Ian_S wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 am
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... ort-summer

Of course we all know where we'll looking on this one... :D
“ Currently sitting on the D8 platform, the updated Discovery Sport moves over to the Premium Transverse Architecture, which underpins the new Evoque. Crucially, this mixed-material platform allows for electrification and enables more interior space to be created. “

Go look under an Evoke !
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:10 am

I would if there were any out i n the wild!
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am

There are some running around in South Warwickshire, now devoid of camouflage. Don’t really fancy throwing myself under one as it passes by....

It’s not due in the showrooms until March according to sales as I pickeup my new DS last week. Still flogging stocks of the old Evoque as hard as they can.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 Santorini HSE Black

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am
There are some running around in South Warwickshire, now devoid of camouflage. Don’t really fancy throwing myself under one as it passes by....

It’s not due in the showrooms until March according to sales as I pickeup my new DS last week. Still flogging stocks of the old Evoque as hard as they can.
Same will happen to the old model DS , good deals if you have cheap oil at hand.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Bisset

Post by Bisset » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 am

If you like either of the models and not too bothered about the changes then now is a great time to buy!

Good discounts available and if your a member of staff you can get 25% off both DS and Evoque right now!
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition, Corris Grey, Connect Pack, Service Pack, 2.0(180) Auto.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am

Bisset wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:25 am
If you like either of the models and not too bothered about the changes then now is a great time to buy!

Good discounts available and if your a member of staff you can get 25% off both DS and Evoque right now!
Perhaps worth waiting to see if the new model has the balance shaft issues resolved along with the poor SCRF system.
It will also have a LED headlight option and I’d guess as with evoke only 10 inch screen.
Plus may also get the lower screen too.

It certainly has to improve as the competition is a lot stronger now in that class of vehicle.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:02 pm

A new architecture and an overhauled interior will be the biggest changes to the model. Exterior tweaks will be subtle, with an overall enhancement of the current design plus updated headlights and bumpers
Are you sure the new architecture is coming "this" summer? Surely a new chassis comes with a bit more than tweaking the headlamps.
plastics throughout will be of a higher perceived quality than before.
Any word on higher actual quality?
Most, if not all, of the Discovery Sport’s diesel and petrol powertrains will employ a 48V mild-hybrid system
Which is it? ALL models or less than all models? Are you repeating rumours from DHL staff?
a plug-in hybrid using a new three-cylinder petrol engine is expected next year
When you say "expected", do you mean another article like this is expected, or something else?

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:22 pm

I might be in the minority here, but I think the plastics quality in the DS is fine. If you have children anything too plush will just get ruined anyway. If you don't have children then surely you could get the plusher Evoque and still have all the practicality you need? Isn't that supposed to be the model split between the DS and Evoque given that they aren't a million miles away from each other on price?
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am

Indeed there are - I had to give way to one on the Kineton Road only this morning. It was naked from the A Pillar down, and contrary to Autocars article, features exactly the same front end and headlight signature as the D5.

Unfortunately, the rear was fully cammie'd up, so couldn't see what they had done in terms of the tailgate and back lights.....if it follows the facelift path of the old Freelander, they probably won't do a huge amount with it, but I suspect it might get the long rear lamp cluster a la D5 as well. Let's hope that the number plate area remains central! :lol:
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”