Discovery Sport v Tiguan

All Discovery Sport related discussions
simon

Re: Discovery Sport v Tiguan

Post by simon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Interesting info. And great boot size pics. So the Kodiaq is more spacious then.

Not sure it will rattle as much as my 2 DS’s though but I’ve not yet driven a current MY of either.

I think the Tiguan looks better than the Kodiaq but it’s very subject to the colour. Some DS’s look bland until you get to better colour and black design packs etc. The Scout is more interestingly trimmed than the lower specs but is I must admit still a bit anonymous.

The DS is by far the better looking especially from the from.
There are far better forums to be welcomed at than this one that locks threads because certain members can’t take a bit of criticism :roll:

DazDisco

Post by DazDisco » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:56 pm

I did think about the kodiaq sportline, it looks a lot better in that spec on the outside, but inside even with the sporty seats it felt pretty cheap. But if value for money and HUGE amounts of space are a priority it’s hard to beat. Just no where near as nice as the DS imho.
2019 Disco Sport SE Tech 2.0D Auto 4x4 5 seat
Xenon Pack | ATPC | LKA | ACC with Queue Assist |TSR | Surround Camera System

simon

Post by simon » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Agreed.
There are far better forums to be welcomed at than this one that locks threads because certain members can’t take a bit of criticism :roll:

roydonaldson

Post by roydonaldson » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am

Having owned the previous generation Tiguan R-Type and now owning a DS, my advice to you would be to get day long test drives of both. They are both very good cars, but are different to drive altogether. I think it would come down to personal preference as to which you should choose.

The reason we got the DS was twofold, one, 8 month wait for a new build with diesel engine, two, 7 seats in DS to carry children.
2017 Discovery Pro, HSE, Nav Pro.

Robsters

Post by Robsters » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:23 pm

I have owned both Tiguan and DS, I did like the Tiguan as a solid car all round but since having the DS It is a lovely car to drive so would say DS over Tiguan 👍 we won’t go down the reliability route as I’m sure you have browsed both forum sites so this is only from my experience. Good advice above, try both and look at pros n cons, good luck.
First time LR owner, I have joined more forums than I care to remember over the years from Volvo, VW, Mazda, Peugeot, Ford, Vauxhall, Fiat and probably others!!
Bye bye Volvo XC90 hello Land Rover Discovery Sport 180 d HSE 2016

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”