Meridian sound upgrade - Buzz and rattles from front door panels issue

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Iamthemanny

Meridian sound upgrade - Buzz and rattles from front door panels issue

Post by Iamthemanny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:02 pm

I paid for the entertainment upgrade. However, I cannot use the bass much as it makes the door panels buzz and vibrate. I have put up with it for 18 months 😡.

Anyone with the upgrade have this issue too please?

Link to video of buzz, bass not very high on bass or sub woofer. 🤔🤔

Any help appreciated 👍🏻

https://www.dropbox.com/s/98s0mo604k103 ... 7.mov?dl=0
Junhe 17 HSE, Loire Blue, Entertainment pack, In Control Connect Pro, 2 usb sockets in second row, black roof bars.
Extra optional extra included :lol: Oil dilution issues thrown in as "Good will" due to my "Driving style" :( :( :(

Badgerface

Re: Meridian sound upgrade - Buzz and rattles from front door panels issue

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 pm

Yes, very much so. My dealer fixed it back last summer, but I don't know what the repair procedure was - certainly no replacement parts appeared on the job card when I collected it, so it might just have been tape and felt spacers.

In my case, it was coming from the NS Front door speaker, and if you pushed it firmly and kept pressure on (as a passenger) it would stop.

If I load something with a heavy bass line through it the problem resurfaces at high volume, but nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

I read an article somewhere recently where someone had downloaded a tone generator app and used it to pinpoint exactly where and at what pitch they were getting vibrations...can't remember if it was on here or on the Freelander site, but it looked a novel way of determining where the noise came from and at what pitch.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Iamthemanny

Post by Iamthemanny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks
Junhe 17 HSE, Loire Blue, Entertainment pack, In Control Connect Pro, 2 usb sockets in second row, black roof bars.
Extra optional extra included :lol: Oil dilution issues thrown in as "Good will" due to my "Driving style" :( :( :(

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:01 pm

As an aside, check the inner piece of your glovebox, as these have been known to rattle and hum as well.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!

Iamthemanny

Post by Iamthemanny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Sorry being a bit thick. Which bit is that?

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 pm

When you open the glovebox lid, the actual cavity is a removable (by that I mean dismantle able) box. It has been known to vibrate against the passenger facia trim (particularly if it has been drilled for power cables or a dashcam in the past)

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”