JLR job losses

All Discovery Sport related discussions
PaulCP

Re: JLR job losses

Post by PaulCP » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

Ian_S wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:59 pm
Well, come 29th March JLR will presumably be able accept any bribe from within the EU without having to worry at all about the impact on the UK. They can then enter into a full on bidding war with the UK Gov, on how badly they want to keep the jobs in the UK...

Project fear vs project ignorance frankly. :o
Their parent company has a history of using U.K. workers as pawns to be able to extract cash from the U.K. government

Port Talbot v2 coming up no doubt
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:05 pm

I was surprised to see an announcement of job losses in the news. In my area of Canada I see more and more Range and land Rovers each day so sales must be good , at least here. My father is in a care home and on one visit there where 3 of us parked in the lot, all newer Disco Sports. Small lot.
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater

Lofty1

Post by Lofty1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

All the commentators mention the reasons for the reduction of staffing as due to China, Dieselgate and BREXIT. No mention anywhere about the “elephant in the room” which is their appalling reliability record. Consistently near the bottom of the various motor magazines reliability tables. Also people once bitten not ever buying another product from JLR. This must be another reason for the collapse in sales.
MY2017 Discovery Sport 180 HSE auto in corris grey with black roof, privacy glass, tow bar kit.
Also 2012 BMW 330i Touring
Previous 2008 Freelander 2

Natsweeb

Post by Natsweeb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 am

They should be able to minimise the job losses by staff manufacturing brake discs and balance shafts!

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:04 am

Lofty1 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm
All the commentators mention the reasons for the reduction of staffing as due to China, Dieselgate and BREXIT. No mention anywhere about the “elephant in the room” which is their appalling reliability record. Consistently near the bottom of the various motor magazines reliability tables. Also people once bitten not ever buying another product from JLR. This must be another reason for the collapse in sales.
Yes, not far off the money with that statement. However, I would temper that with the fact that ALL Manufacturers are having problems with reliability with Euro 6 power plants, not just JLR. Where they shoot themselves in the foot time and time again is how they as a business deal with issues as they arise (I.e. not engineering a solution), blaming the customer, and not pulling their appalling dealer service departments up to a standard befitting a Prestige marque. If they got the basics right in the first place, then their league table position would not be consistently in the relegation zone.....it's really not that difficult!
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”