Drive .. Park .. EPB .. help :-)

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Whooooooosh

Re: Drive .. Park .. EPB .. help :-)

Post by Whooooooosh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 am

According to The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 the offence would be where the vehicle lights are "Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other persons using the road".

This offence doesn't need intent on your part only that the brake lights are causing undue dazzle or discomfort to the person behind.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE LUX - Aintree Green + Cream Leather

DazDisco

Post by DazDisco » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 am

Doh.... I didn't realise you had to push down to select S, happily coped with a mixture of the stop start (which sometimes seems a bit more random than my last car) and just spinning the gear either full clockwise and anticlockwise, Cheers for the tip !!!
2019 Disco Sport SE Tech 2.0D Auto 4x4 5 seat
Xenon Pack | ATPC | LKA | ACC with Queue Assist |TSR | Surround Camera System

Troon

Post by Troon » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:46 am

Leave in D, hold on footbrake if stopping briefly; put in N with EPB if stopping for longer periods. You will use more fuel stationary in D (assuming stop-start doesn't kick in) and dazzle following traffic, but you won't do any harm.

I'd avoid P in traffic: not only is it more hassle and may blink the reversing lights, if you get rear-ended, your transmission is likely be damaged (parking pawl).
Mark
DS HSE 180PS diesel auto, Byron / Cirrus, towbar

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Whooooooosh wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 am
According to The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989 the offence would be where the vehicle lights are "Used so as to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other persons using the road".

This offence doesn't need intent on your part only that the brake lights are causing undue dazzle or discomfort to the person behind.
Yes but that’s due to a fault or some deliberate action (like uprating bulbs too high, or not dipping), rather than using an unmodified car in a completely normal manner.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Whooooooosh

Post by Whooooooosh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:07 pm

It certainly would be unlikely for unmodified vehicles which have met all necessary vehicle standards to be accused of having dazzling brake lights.

Some of the aftermarket lenses with high power LED bulbs however.....
2017 Discovery Sport HSE LUX - Aintree Green + Cream Leather

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”