JLR are aware of problems in production!

All Discovery Sport related discussions
roadster

Re: JLR are aware of problems in production!

Post by roadster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Discotex99 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am
I appreciate roadsters comments but JLR need to take a look at other manufacturers who seem to be able to get it right. Or take a look at the aviation industry. Glad JLR don't make aircraft!
Fair enough but how many zeros would be added to the price if cars were made to aircraft standards?
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

adeolly

Re: JLR are aware of problems in production!

Post by adeolly » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 pm
I wonder if this is a factor in the statement made on the local Midlands news this lunchtime that Land Rover sales were down against 2017 by 6% to just under 78000 total, yet Jaguar sales were up 4% overall to 37000. More attention to quality being focused on the big cat brand perhaps?
Hmm - I took delivery of a brand new F-Pace in October and I have now covered 3,500 odd miles. (The DS is my wife's)
Faults to date = zero.
Rattles = zero
Build quality = excellent; no issues

I have ITCP which is far better than my expectations, plus I had Apple CarPlay enabled in December (free) and that works brilliantly too. (ITCP is way faster than the MMI system I had in my previous 2016 £42k Audi).

The only thing I don't like is that there was no option to have all season tyres factory fitted, so have Pirelli P Zeros which are hard as nails.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Oh, and distance to service is declining neatly in line with miles covered.
MY18 2.0 150 HSE manual, Firenze red with narvik black roof, rear tints, 2nd row USB, blind spot monitoring, reverse traffic detection, space saver spare.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”