JLR are aware of problems in production!

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Barnsh

JLR are aware of problems in production!

Post by Barnsh » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

F67ABD76-3D98-457F-81B2-530DE4E00A42.png

My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Chippy

Re: JLR are aware of problems in production!

Post by Chippy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Just skimming through this indicates to me once again that there is still no correctly functioning quality system in place.

Anyone who accepts an FTT of 81% as being fantastic improvement be surely be seen as a candidate for Sir Alan Sugar (you’re fired). That still means nearly 20% scrapping, rework etc. or am I missing something here?

But at the end of the day I suppose it’s a step forward that they’ve seemingly realised they have problems.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Discotex99

Post by Discotex99 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Unbelievable figures, this is why JLR are no longer a prestige brand and are loosing customers. In some cases it is down to under engineering parts and rushed to the market vehicles to save on money and time, but at a cost to customers and brand perception. They are orchestrating their own downfall.
Quality control has always been problem at JLR and will continue to be with their current attitude, hence customer dissatisfaction.
Where as the likes of Lexus and Mercedes have strict quality control and higher standards.
Will JLR ever learn?
MY16 Se Tech 180 Auto. Nightmare now sold

roadster

Post by roadster » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am

Although this is a very interesting document I think the responses are a bit one sided. The production process is highly complex and at almost every stage there is human behaviour applied to a relatively onerous set of repeated tasks. Which of us can say that we never make mistakes and never have an off day? Any one who has worked in this type of environment will recognise that quality control requires acknowledgement of mistakes and thorough final inspection but most of all good open communication at all levels.
I don't know who wrote this communication but it is a valiant attempt to cut through middle management fog and I would be a lot more concerned if the writer was in a position of authority but failed exercise it in attempting to minimise these issues.
I am also pleased to hear support for the Andon system which allows those responsible for processes to immediately halt operations if faults arise. Had this been applied in the corrupt environment of the 1970s there would have been very little product ever leaving the factory ( Halewood, Solihull, Longbridge, Canley, Abingdon et al ) but the fact that it is now actively available ( I assume ) means that things are very different.
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 am

roadster wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:41 am
Although this is a very interesting document I think the responses are a bit one sided. The production process is highly complex and at almost every stage there is human behaviour applied to a relatively onerous set of repeated tasks. Which of us can say that we never make mistakes and never have an off day? Any one who has worked in this type of environment will recognise that quality control requires acknowledgement of mistakes and thorough final inspection but most of all good open communication at all levels.
I don't know who wrote this communication but it is a valiant attempt to cut through middle management fog and I would be a lot more concerned if the writer was in a position of authority but failed exercise it in attempting to minimise these issues.
I am also pleased to hear support for the Andon system which allows those responsible for processes to immediately halt operations if faults arise. Had this been applied in the corrupt environment of the 1970s there would have been very little product ever leaving the factory ( Halewood, Solihull, Longbridge, Canley, Abingdon et al ) but the fact that it is now actively available ( I assume ) means that things are very different.
I left the name off the bottom deliberately

Position is
Manufacturing Manager FA2
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Discotex99

Post by Discotex99 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am

I appreciate roadsters comments but JLR need to take a look at other manufacturers who seem to be able to get it right. Or take a look at the aviation industry. Glad JLR don't make aircraft!
MY16 Se Tech 180 Auto. Nightmare now sold

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am

Discotex99 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:39 am
I appreciate roadsters comments but JLR need to take a look at other manufacturers who seem to be able to get it right. Or take a look at the aviation industry. Glad JLR don't make aircraft!
Here here!
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Discotex99 wrote:
Absolutely correct Discotex.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

shouldvegotamerc

Post by shouldvegotamerc » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Chippy wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm
Discotex99 wrote:
Absolutely correct Discotex.
The beatings and job losses must therefore continue until morale improves.

Ta-ta Tata and ta for the entertainment.
2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class AMG Night Edition
Recycled: 2017 DS HSE Corris Grey

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 pm

I wonder if this is a factor in the statement made on the local Midlands news this lunchtime that Land Rover sales were down against 2017 by 6% to just under 78000 total, yet Jaguar sales were up 4% overall to 37000. More attention to quality being focussed on the big cat brand perhaps?
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”