Rejecting the Car

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Brianthemodeller

Re: Rejecting the Car

Post by Brianthemodeller » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:07 am

I don’t want to hijack somebody else’s thread but I have a few general questions about the rejection process...

- I have fitted an LR dog guard to my DS which involves drilling four holes in the panels in the boot. These will obviously be noticeable when the dog guard is removed. Will I be penalised for this ‘damage’?

- what happens to the deposit and the finance payments made? I presume these are refunded?

- can I claim compensation for the other LR specific sccessiries I have purchased for the car e.g. boot liner, rubber mats etc?

- the car is on a PCP and the deposit paid by credit card. Do I reject through LR finance or the credit card company?

I am hoping it won’t come to rejection but I like to understand a process before I start!

Thanks in advance for. By guidance.

Brian
MY19 DS HSE 150 Manual in Scotia grey with privacy glass and cirus trim... and she’s gorgeous ;)
Now with Amazon Echo dot, wireless phone charger and LR dog guard

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:34 am

1. No, what you fit it your own business, if the rejection is due to something elce not related to your drilling, I can’t see the problem. Suppose they could argue diminution of value by taking your black and decker to the car, but unless you’ve gone mental with drilling holes, it’s insignificant. Anyway, you needed to do this to fit a LR product.
2. Refunded up to the total invoice price of the car.
3. You can’t claim for accessories unless they were part of the cars final invoice. Anything added, take out and flog.
4. Credit card refunds have limits below the value of the car, so not applicable. Only really helpful if your deposit goes awry. Reject via LR finance aka Black Horse.

What’s wrong with the car to consider rejection?

When did you buy it?

Brianthemodeller

Post by Brianthemodeller » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:08 am

Thanks Highlander.

I bought it new in September and have done around 6500 miles, mostly motorway. It has recently developed a whistle between 1500 and 2000 rpm that sounds like the balance shaft problem that others have described.

It is going back to the dealer on 10 Jan to have it investigated but, on the presumption they don’t sort it at the first attempt, I wanted to fully understand the process.

I don’t particularly want to reject it as I love the car but equally don’t want to get lumbered with a load of problems in the future.
MY19 DS HSE 150 Manual in Scotia grey with privacy glass and cirus trim... and she’s gorgeous ;)
Now with Amazon Echo dot, wireless phone charger and LR dog guard

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:19 am

If it is the balance shaft bearings, my suggestion would be to NOT accept the "fix" that the current SSM suggests - it either has a brand new engine, or it gets rejected.

There are reports of the "fix" not being applied properly, and as yet, nobody knows the long term implications of the repair.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:37 am

Okay, no diagnosis yet. LR dealers will want to avoid a possible rejection. They may be less than candid about what the problem is and then saying they have corrected it. On the plus side, you have another 3 months to reject it under the more than 30 day, less than 6 month category and in that time, you’ll know if it’s been fixed or not. Do not give them endless opportunities to repair it.

I gave the garage 2 attempts under the less than 30 day category when I didn’t have to give them any and they started down the line of maintaining waiting time to have the repairs carried out excluded me. Then they wanted £1250 for 3,600 miles. It all got very messy. I wore them down just before they wore me down plus I’d consulted a Solicitor and we were just about to go formal. Got a full refund, no deductions, but by God they inspected the car like nothing on earth when I returned it.

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:55 am

Marchio wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:02 am
After I’ve had exhaust gas leaking into the cabin since I’ve had the car (20 days) I’ve decided to reject it. The fault was confirmed yesterday by a technician (soot on a heatshield) so I contacted Land Rover finance and they are going ahead with the rejection. That’s fine with me because amongst other things, I just did not like the car.

Is there anything else I should be doing to make this go through smoothly? Hopefully the rejection process will happen without any hassle from the dealer. It’s there now getting repaired and they’ve given me a petrol HSE Black as a courtesy car. 🙁
Hi Marchio,

Thank you for your email.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

Please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:18 pm

CRC@LandRover wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:55 am
Marchio wrote:
After I’ve had exhaust gas leaking into the cabin since I’ve had the car (20 days) I’ve decided to reject it. The fault was confirmed yesterday by a technician (soot on a heatshield) so I contacted Land Rover finance and they are going ahead with the rejection. That’s fine with me because amongst other things, I just did not like the car.

Is there anything else I should be doing to make this go through smoothly? Hopefully the rejection process will happen without any hassle from the dealer. It’s there now getting repaired and they’ve given me a petrol HSE Black as a courtesy car. 🙁
Hi Marchio,

Please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK
Chand
You May wish to concentrate on the specific thread for CRC where you will find questions that need answering , instead of aimlessly bumbling about the forum in random threads.
We used to get timely updates on the CRC thread But you seem to ignore it.

One here for example.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9699

THANKS
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Marchio

Post by Marchio » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

CRC@LandRover wrote:
Marchio wrote:
Hi Marchio,

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK
If you can help me get rid of the car and get my deposit back, that’ll be great! Why this is taking so long I don’t know. The car had a serious fault within 30 days, nearly gassed me and no progress has been made. 🙁
MY19 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Dynamic Lux Corris Grey (Now Rejected)
Exhaust leaking fumes into cabin from Catalyst and numerous other problems I don’t want to bore you with.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

Don't expect a reply from Chand anytime soon - I've been waiting since mid-December LAST YEAR for even an acknowledgment to my question posted here!

Useless waste of space!
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Marchio wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am
CRC@LandRover wrote:
Marchio wrote:
Hi Marchio,

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK
If you can help me get rid of the car and get my deposit back, that’ll be great! Why this is taking so long I don’t know. The car had a serious fault within 30 days, nearly gassed me and no progress has been made. 🙁
Good Afternoon Marchio

Thank you for your post.

I can see that my colleague has reached out to you previously.

However, for us to further assist you I will require your details to be sent to the following email address:

jlrcrcsm@jaguarlandrover.com

May I request that you send the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Your personal contact details
Your retailer details

I look forward to hearing from you

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”