Rejecting the Car

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Marchio

Rejecting the Car

Post by Marchio » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:02 am

After I’ve had exhaust gas leaking into the cabin since I’ve had the car (20 days) I’ve decided to reject it. The fault was confirmed yesterday by a technician (soot on a heatshield) so I contacted Land Rover finance and they are going ahead with the rejection. That’s fine with me because amongst other things, I just did not like the car.

Is there anything else I should be doing to make this go through smoothly? Hopefully the rejection process will happen without any hassle from the dealer. It’s there now getting repaired and they’ve given me a petrol HSE Black as a courtesy car. 🙁
MY19 Discovery Sport 180 HSE Dynamic Lux Corris Grey (Now Rejected)
Exhaust leaking fumes into cabin from Catalyst and numerous other problems I don’t want to bore you with.

Chippy

Re: Rejecting the Car

Post by Chippy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:33 am

I’m not surprised that you are rejecting the car and hope that it goes well.

Personally I’d not post comments on here about not liking the car since JLR read comments posted and it could get back to the decision makers.

It’s up to you of course just my personal opinion.
MB GLC 250d.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Both rejected - B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:11 am

Use the search function, endless advice and experience on rejection on here if you look for it.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Marchio

Post by Marchio » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Thanks for the replies folks! So.... I’ve called Land Rover Finance and they are running with my case to reject the car. Now the fun starts. So obviously there is a fault with exhaust gases leaking into the cabin and it’s getting rejected on that basis. The dealership have refused to accept the rejection are not happy and also want their courtesy car back that I’ve had for a few days. I would rather leave my car with them because after it’s repaired I don’t want to be seen as accepting it back. I now don’t have a car and this could take up to 8 weeks to resolve. Great!
Exhaust leaking fumes into cabin from Catalyst and numerous other problems I don’t want to bore you with.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:26 pm

Marchio wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:04 pm
I would rather leave my car with them because after it’s repaired I don’t want to be seen as accepting it back. I now don’t have a car and this could take up to 8 weeks to resolve. Great!
But that is your choice. Others have used their car until rejection was agreed.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Marchio

Post by Marchio » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:26 pm
Marchio wrote:
I would rather leave my car with them because after it’s repaired I don’t want to be seen as accepting it back. I now don’t have a car and this could take up to 8 weeks to resolve. Great!
But that is your choice. Others have used their car until rejection was agreed.
Really? Even after it’s been repaired? Obviously I’d rather have a car to use but I don’t want to affect my claim. Never happened to me before so I don’t know what to do for the best.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Marchio wrote:
I now don’t have a car and this could take up to 8 weeks to resolve. Great!
Count your blessings that it's only a finance agreement that you have to worry about, rather than having had laid out £40k hard cash! At least you can go and get a new finance agreement with another Marque sorted relatively quickly.....either that, or as previously advised, drive your existing vehicle until the matter is closed down.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Marchio wrote:
Thanks for the replies folks! So.... I’ve called Land Rover Finance and they are running with my case to reject the car. Now the fun starts. So obviously there is a fault with exhaust gases leaking into the cabin and it’s getting rejected on that basis. The dealership have refused to accept the rejection are not happy and also want their courtesy car back that I’ve had for a few days. I would rather leave my car with them because after it’s repaired I don’t want to be seen as accepting it back. I now don’t have a car and this could take up to 8 weeks to resolve. Great!
Your right to leave it with them in some respects as once you reject you should not drive the vehicle.This is clear in the Consumer Rights Act.

The problem you May have is that they can now ( or at some point later) say the vehicle is fixed.
In the first 30 days you have the choice to permit them to repair it or reject outright.
From 30 days to 6 months it is assumed the defect was at manufacture , you don’t have to prove this, but you have to give them one attempt at repair. If this one attempt fails you can reject it.

Sometimes having the faulty car in your possession ( although not using it) is a wiser move as they cannot attempt to fix it again.

Finance always get someone to inspect it , make sure if thevdo this that the inspection is carried out independently, not by the same dealer or dealer network. Ask for a copy of this report.
Keep a log of all dates with what happened on each date and who said what.

The issue you will have to argue is that you told them you wished to reject the car, the fact they are trying to repair it is not at your request you want it rejected and told them so.
You are entitled to reject it it is not their choice to deny this.
They may try and “trivialise “ the issue to avoid rejection, just tell them gassing soneone is not trivial.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Marchio

Post by Marchio » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:42 pm

“You are entitled to reject it it is not their choice to deny this.”

Mmmm... The dealership have told me they are not accepting the rejection. I’m just leaving in the hands of the finance company and see what happens.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Marchio wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:42 pm
“You are entitled to reject it it is not their choice to deny this.”

Mmmm... The dealership have told me they are not accepting the rejection. I’m just leaving in the hands of the finance company and see what happens.
Your rights are quite clear and simple , in the first 30 days you are entitled by law to reject.

If the car is
Not as described
Not fit for purpose
Not of Satisfactory quality.

It has to be free from minor defect.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”