Rejection finally complete - oil dilution

All Discovery Sport related discussions
PhilMabbots17

Re: Rejection finally complete - oil dilution

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:11 pm

See what they have told the dealers to say? They can't undermine the technical content of JLRP00100 because they know that it's all factual, having been authored by a senior JLR Engineer.

So instead they undermine the validity of the document, dismissing it as being "out of date" - but without being prepared to enter the technical arena to explain why things are now OK. When clearly they weren't. And when no engineering has taken place.

It's an old technique. First saw it in Yes Minister. It's still bullshit.
2019 (19) Lexus RX 450h V6 Sport 4WD 8-)
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
2017 (17) Land Rover DS HSE 2.0L (Rejected)

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Tue May 21, 2019 12:23 pm

PhilMabbots17 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:11 pm
It's an old technique. First saw it in Yes Minister. It's still bullshit.
At least it was funny in Yes Minister .... :)
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

icemintb

Post by icemintb » Thu May 23, 2019 10:25 pm

Im very disappointed with this so called “premium” brand JLR! Not even a Ford would have this problem! I dont see other solution other than change the oil my self!

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri May 24, 2019 5:24 am

Does that mean Ford are the lowest of the low?

I know Fords have DPF and dilution issues if you don’t do the miles, most Euro6 diesels do.

I have a friend who is GM of a Ford dealership who gets his sales guys to grill the customer to make sure they’re going to do the mileage as he doesn’t want them coming back with their DPF clogged. That’s a tip LR dealers could take onboard.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

DiscoDriver

Post by DiscoDriver » Fri May 24, 2019 6:09 am

Land Rover themselves do try .... and my local dealer had these Petrol vs Diesel leaflets all over the showroom. I do think the customer must take some responsibility when choosing a product so they understand what it is they are buying (and I mean for any product, in the same way people take ages to choose shampoo or a new phone).

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/p ... index.html
https://www.landrover.co.uk/explore-lan ... iesel.html

VeryDiscoSport

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Sun May 26, 2019 7:06 pm

A car purchased using PCP is rejected to the finance provider (since in law they own the car) and any subsequent complaint/arbitration/appeal etc falls under the auspices of the finance provider's ombudsman.

Assuming that the italicised statement is correct, would I be correct in thinking that, following early settlement of the finance, a rejection would then have to be made to the dealer that supplied the car?
2017 DS L-550 2.0 SE Tech 150 6 SPD (Rejected per CRA 2015) :(
2008 RAV4 XA30 2.2D XTR 4WD :)

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sun May 26, 2019 11:39 pm

VeryDiscoSport wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 7:06 pm
A car purchased using PCP is rejected to the finance provider (since in law they own the car) and any subsequent complaint/arbitration/appeal etc falls under the auspices of the finance provider's ombudsman.

Assuming that the italicised statement is correct, would I be correct in thinking that, following early settlement of the finance, a rejection would then have to be made to the dealer that supplied the car?
Yes , once finance cleared you own the car therefor it’s Consumer Rights Act 2015 against the dealer principle.
( exact same scenario with Highlander who won in the end )
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

VeryDiscoSport

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Mon May 27, 2019 1:07 am

TallPaul, can I suggest that you log in and check your PMs. The above is possibly also relevant to your questions.
2017 DS L-550 2.0 SE Tech 150 6 SPD (Rejected per CRA 2015) :(
2008 RAV4 XA30 2.2D XTR 4WD :)

wilsonstephen99

Post by wilsonstephen99 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi, sorry new to this forum, I am having the same oil dilution problem with LR telling me it’s my driving style, 6 engine oil services in just over a year, one now required after 2300 miles over 1 month and 5 days, no joy from dealer and Land Rover so going to complain to Land Rover finance and then FOS as missold the car. Town and country would you have the fos case no so I can look at it on their decisions site, thanks

quote=CRC@LandRover post_id=98378 time=1540894218 user_id=493]
townandcountry wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 pm
It's be a very long and drawn out saga, but our rejection is finally complete. The vehicle was collected yesterday and the financial settlement came through today - 50 weeks after I first made my complaint. Hopefully anyone else struggling against the rejection process can take comfort from my eventual success and not give in!

The basis of my complaint was that the car was "not as described" due to the prominent and incorrect claims in the published sales literature at the time of my purchase, stating the new Ingenium engines were "... more affordable and convenient to own thanks to servicing intervals extended from 16,000 to 21,000 miles/two years".

As we know those claims were withdrawn in all literature from June 2017, and JRLP0100 appeared making it obvious that the description was factually inaccurate. At the time I began my rejection process I'd already had my first oil change light come on around 8,000 miles, and I'd been told by the dealer that my driving style meant I could expect to require oil services at this interval in future.

I still had some outstanding finance on the vehicle as I'd taken it to get a deposit contribution. I had always intended to clear that finance after 6 months, but I decided to hold onto it so as not to take any action that could indicate I accepted the vehicle and also to keep the legal relationship unchanged. I'm very pleased I took that approach in the end, as it left an additional step available to me before going Full Legal.

My initial complaint went in to Black Horse (Land Rover Financial Services), and after some back and forth they eventually refused it in November. This is despite some telephone calls with them during their investigation where they agreed that misrepresentation had occurred (conveniently, all calls are recorded ;)). In their refusal they attempted to claim that this was not their responsibility as they had no representation at the point of sale.

After Christmas I took the complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman (the advantage of my contract being with the finance company), and in July their investigator issued his findings and recommendations categorically in my favour. These were not binding unless both parties agreed - I did, but unsurprisingly Black Horse did not. That meant the complaint went in the queue for an "acutal" Ombudsman to review and issue a binding decision, which was to happen in September.

At the 11th hour, before an Ombudsman took the case, Black Horse made me an offer to accept the rejection and compensate me close to the level the investigator had recommended. I suspect this was because they knew the Ombudsman's decision would go against them and they didn't want that on their record, but that is just speculation.

I ultimately accepted their offer with only minor adjustments, as it was already substantially better for me than what I had budgeted on accepting when I first raised the complaint.

I found out that the car will go straight from me to auction. If anyone wants a well cared for '17 model year HSE in red with a black roof, it's going through BCA Blackbushe at one of their Monday auctions... It's got GTechniq Crystal Serum applied, unfortunately the 7-year warranty for that is not portable to a new owner though. Seriously, if anyone is tempted, PM me and I'll happily go through the full details of the car.

For anyone who's interested this was our first and last experience of the Land Rover brand. We've moved on to a Volvo XC90 and had great service from the dealer, with a car that feels like it was hewn from a solid block of luxury. I will miss the sure-footed offroad capability of the DS though, particularly in the winter :(

This forum has been a great support over the time I've had the car, from small questions through to help with the bigger problems I've had to deal with. It really shows that the people here are a great bunch, and you all make it a nice place to be. I might come back and hang out occasionally as the Swedes don't seem to have (need?) such a great community.

Thank you all!
Hi townandcountry,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

If I can be of any assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK
[/quote]

townandcountry

Post by townandcountry » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:03 pm

wilsonstephen99 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Town and country would you have the fos case no so I can look at it on their decisions site
There was nothing published - I accepted an offer from Black Horse just before it went for a binding decision. I've PM'd you a link to some of the letters and supporting documents I used. I hope they help.
Rejected - MY17 HSE 180 auto, not as described.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”