Discovery Sport Forum banner

Boosting Ds off road capability

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Past master 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a question about improving wading depth and installing a recovery point. Does anyone know if the air intake can be fitted with a snorkel to give more lee way than the 600mm wading depth? I'm mainly concerned about water splashing higher during a creek crossing.

The land rover manual suggests that the anchor point at the front of the vehicle isn't rated for a recovery. Would anyone know how I would go about having a recovery point installed?

Thanks in advance for any info you can help with.

So far I'm really happy with the DS performance off road in sand and slippery clay.

Nate

#3 ·
Hey past master,

I'm well aware of that post. Have I miss read that post or is there no mention of a snorkel in that thread?

That post isn't about having a recovery point installed it's anout a recovery point that already exists on the front which land rover have a disclaimer saying that it's not rated for recover but someone got an unofficial answer saying it is. Would damage caused by using that point be covered under warranty? I doubt it. My question relates to having something like this installed https://www.arb.com.au/recovery/recovery-points/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.