New facelift DS on the horizon

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Chris b

Re: New facelift DS on the horizon

Post by Chris b » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Talking of Velar, I was lucky to be one of those invited to Lode Lane for a launch viewing last year. Another attendee came in his McLaren 750S and having opened the window to speak with the parking reception chaps, when he'd parked it, he could not close the window and the LR staff had to find a cover as it was starting to rain.
He phoned Mclaren from inside, while others gathered and we had a coffee, and by the time we came out of the show-and-tell, McLaren had fixed his car and closed the window remotely - all still under the cover. Clever eh? remote access has its advantages! If only JLR could have pre-empted my needs for DS software patches in the last 3 years...
19MY 2.0 HSE Manual. FIrenze+Corris roof, black headlining & 18" wheels
Gone:
2015 HSE 2.0 Manual 59k miles
2x Freelander 2 XS 09MY &13MY
G4 Discovery 2 (Tangiers Orange)
2x Discovery XS Tdi '97 Co. car then own '98

simon

Re: New facelift DS on the horizon

Post by simon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:26 pm

BFGDSMan wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:47 pm
Simon,

No issues with ANPR per se as that is for legitimate reasons, however, JLR following my movements is another matter altogether.
Any diagnostic, vehicle or vehicle behaviour information used for their R&D would be anonymised. Only data you opt into sharing could be used anyway. It’s the law.

Same as for Google Maps etc etc. You opt in.
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”