New owner questions

All Discovery Sport related discussions
gg234

New owner questions

Post by gg234 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:26 am

I have pickedup my new DS 10days back and i am having the following question

1) USB music is not playing in folder order instead plays music random files is it common or how to fix this?

2) Alloy and tyre insurance is it necessary? and any recommendations.

Thanks

Buy british

Re: New owner questions

Post by Buy british » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:44 am

Gg.....can’t help you with music.....and all insurance is a waste of money....UNTIL
Arrived 30/05/18.........HSE 240 petrol..byron blue..18" grey wheels...cirrus leather..adaptive dampers..service pack..
Factory fitted options =... prayer mat, ..shrine to Buddah, ..and some worry beads hanging from the steering wheel.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Like Buy british I have no idea about the problem with your music but there are others on here who will help you.

As far as insurance for tyres and wheels is concerned I’d save my money.
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

RPR

Post by RPR » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:26 pm

How are you transferring your music to the USB drive?

It can affect how music is accessed as say dragging & dropping can cause the issue you mention due to the way Windows writes the tracks across.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Eco Button 8-)

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 pm

To play your desired music in order, rather than random default:- Go to browse, then select folder, or artist, or album. Then select a track from your selection & it should then play all the tracks in never ending circular order.

As regards insurance:- Normally, I dont buy any of the extra insurance. However, this time I went for alloy wheel insurance as it was only about £150, lasts for 3 years, and covers up to 18 repairs (even the saleman believed it was linited to 9 repairs). So covers any likely repairs over the first 3 years.
DS MY18 SE-TECH Petrol 240bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered May’18
Gone:-
DS MY16.5 SE-TECH Diesel 180bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered Apr'16.

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 pm

I believe that the alloy insurance doesn't cover you for complete wheel replacement, only cosmetic repairs, so if you crack an alloy in a pothole, you'll still be forking out for the replacement, or have to claim on different insurance to fix it.

If you regulary kerb them and want them to look pristine all the time then it may make more sense.
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

gg234

Post by gg234 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks for your response and very helpful

ccomley

Post by ccomley » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 am

USB - I don't play "random", I call up a specific album, play it, then choose a new one. The only annoyance I have is taht when an album is finished, it's default behaviour is to re-start the same album.

Do you have folders named for albums or playlists or what? My music is arranged thus:-

\music\artist-name\album-name\01-first-track.mp3 (and so forth) and the MP3 tags match. I use a tag editor to tweak things so, for example, when I have a double-album, instead of CD-1-track-1 thru cd1-track-6 then cd-2-track1 I have track1 thu track6 then CD-2-track1 is tagged as track 7, so I don't have to re-select the second CD of the album half way through. I also change the album name where its ambiguous, so I don't have half a dozen "Greatest Hits" but now have, for example "Greatest Hits - Eagles" showing as the album name.

Re alloys, you'll be too late now to take my solution which is to use 18" wheels! They're cheaper, but they look good, they're only *slightly* less good in corners (I had a brand new car with bigger wheels and narrow tyres as a loan car for a week and I did sling it about a bit sporty to see how much better it was - better, but not a huge lot better) and the fatter tyres mean the alloys don't get anywhere near the kerbs 99% of the time!!

If the car is on contract, just resign yourself to having to get the wheels touched up before oyu hand it back. DO NOT let the dealer do it - stealing bastards! It shouldn't cost more than about £80 unless you've really bashed them up!
---
Loire Blue HSE - pretty much standard. Arrived June '15
(1996 Defender 90 and her SLK share the driveway)

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:11 pm

I’ve found you have to be trying pretty hard to scratch the 20”s. With the Contis at least, the tyre bulge prevents the wheel hitting anything (in the main).
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:07 pm

I agree -9.

Not a mark on mine, and you know only too well the appalling state of the roads in this County!
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”