Living with a... Land Rover Discovery Sport...

All Discovery Sport related discussions
wardie

Living with a... Land Rover Discovery Sport...

Post by wardie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:48 am

I guess a few people on here would ‘contribute’ to that subject line! Autotrader just started a long term review with a 240PS diesel MY18. Nothing wrong so far... :-) Anyone know if they hand pick the cars for reviews? Probably not one from a Friday afternoon (unlike mine I saw going down trim & final at around 3pm on a Friday!!!)
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/lo ... very-sport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan

Dashnine

Re: Living with a... Land Rover Discovery Sport...

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 am

Yep, from the number plate that looks like a LR supplied press car and therefore suitably checked over. Just wait for the oil dilution time bomb - if they keep it long enough.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

wardie

Post by wardie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:49 am

Dashnine wrote:Yep, from the number plate that looks like a LR supplied press car and therefore suitably checked over. Just wait for the oil dilution time bomb - if they keep it long enough.
It says 6 months test so I doubt it will even get serviced... or will it? :-)

Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:22 am

wardie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:49 am
Dashnine wrote:Yep, from the number plate that looks like a LR supplied press car and therefore suitably checked over. Just wait for the oil dilution time bomb - if they keep it long enough.
It says 6 months test so I doubt it will even get serviced... or will it? :-)

Six months in London with all those short, slow, cold DPF journeys.....
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:15 am

Well unless someone has upgraded the ICTP to phase 3 it’ll be just as bad as the Discovery they had !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We’ll see over the next month how the electronics in this car’s £2,245 infotainment system (Meridian Digital Surround Sound System with 16 speakers plus subwoofer, Pro Services and Wi-Fi Hotspot Navigation Pro) behave; they badly let us down in the Discovery, and we don't fancy that huge extra expense for the upgraded system, either.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

simon

Post by simon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Yeah, ICTP is still pretty buggy. Keeps dropping power to any phone connected to the media ports. Even had a new media port panel fitted and thats not fixed it.

Only way to use my phone for music is via Bluetooth (which works fine).
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Simon, mine was delivered back yesterday evening having had 17c phase 3 installed, and it still won't connect. There is very clearly a problem with ICTP S/w, as whenever Apple OR the developer releases an update, the system falls over and continually drops the connection on either media port. This has been a constant since last August, and they still can't seem to fix it. There's only so much a dealer can do, as it's not hardware related.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:30 pm

simon wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:40 pm
Yeah, ICTP is still pretty buggy. Keeps dropping power to any phone connected to the media ports. Even had a new media port panel fitted and thats not fixed it.

Only way to use my phone for music is via Bluetooth (which works fine).
Seems strange Simon , I haven’t had one drop out since update , I have my phone connected all the time for media. I did buy a new Apple cable for my phone to “treat” my new car , but found the old one I used in the DS worked better. The new one crackled and popped , the old one is perfect , really bizarre. The shorter the cable the better it was too. Since the update both cables now work ok.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:39 pm

Badgerface, did you get them to look again at your rear camera, and particularly with reference to Bulletin LTB1163v2?

After my dealer executed that Bulletin I have not had a single rear camera failure for a week, in over 60 uses of reverse. Whereas previously it failed about 30% of the time in reverse.
DS MY18 SE-TECH Petrol 240bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered May’18
Gone:-
DS MY16.5 SE-TECH Diesel 180bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered Apr'16.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:41 pm

JLR are obviously offering Jaguar customers preferential treatment on this one. ;)
Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”