NEW Close-Coupled DPF?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Anupanu

Re: NEW Close-Coupled DPF?

Post by Anupanu » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 am

Clearly you guys all worry about the wrong things...
I am more interested to know who would want a Corris grey car with contrasting* Carpathian Grey roof
MY16 Scotia Grey HSE Luxury TD4
Great service from Stafford Land Rover
Previous LR experience - 02 Freelander Vienna Green HSE TD4

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:33 am

Love 💖 It NDS .

Landmark rip off , I’d say .
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:34 am

Anupanu wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 am
Clearly you guys all worry about the wrong things...
I am more interested to know who would want a Corris grey car with contrasting* Carpathian Grey roof
That sounds awful :lol: :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

shouldvegotamerc

Post by shouldvegotamerc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:16 am

fifty-shades-of-grey-book-1.jpg

:o :o
Trading in - 2017 DS HSE Corris Grey
Coming Soon - 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class AMG Night Edition

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:25 am

Comes with PVC seats, tie points in all rows and we won’t discuss what rises out of the centre console on turn on.... :shock:
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:26 pm

NoDiscoverySport, Point 2 in your list is not irrelevant, in my opinion. The £40,400 is very relevant in the UK, due to ongoing car tax.

Many people may have missed the fact that no HSE configuration can get the list price below the £40K threshold where the punitive extra road tax cuts in i.e. an addition £300 for 5 years (yr2 to yr6).

I suspect this landmark edition has only been introduced to get the list price (for UK car tax purposes) down to below £40K for a car with a similar specification to an HSE.

I know the list price is just over £40K, but the list price threshold is calculated before adding i) 1st year car tax, ii) car registrtaion cost, and iii) delivery cost. That easily gets the Landmark edition below the £40K threshold, and thus saves the new owner £1.5K (over the first 6 years).

Many of you will not keep the car for six years, but an extra £300 per year car tax is bound to affect the car’s resale value.

I know this from personal experience, as the DS I ordered in April was going to be an HSE due to the financial contributions Land Rover would make (if I took finance). That was until I discovery the punitive £1.5K extra car tax. I then configured a SE-TECH with only the HSE features that had any value for me, and easily got below £40K (fyi options are included in the £40K calculation).
DS MY18 SE-TECH Petrol 240bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered May’18
Gone:-
DS MY16.5 SE-TECH Diesel 180bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered Apr'16.

wardie

Post by wardie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 am

Mike Martin wrote: I know this from personal experience, as the DS I ordered in April was going to be an HSE due to the financial contributions Land Rover would make (if I took finance). That was until I discovery the punitive £1.5K extra car tax. I then configured a SE-TECH with only the HSE features that had any value for me, and easily got below £40K (fyi options are included in the £40K calculation).
Except one problem is that resale value calculation is driven primarily off the model level and the extras are devalued/worthless, so you need to factor that in too offset against the tax hit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:30 am

wardie wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 am
Mike Martin wrote: I know this from personal experience, as the DS I ordered in April was going to be an HSE due to the financial contributions Land Rover would make (if I took finance). That was until I discovery the punitive £1.5K extra car tax. I then configured a SE-TECH with only the HSE features that had any value for me, and easily got below £40K (fyi options are included in the £40K calculation).
Except one problem is that resale value calculation is driven primarily off the model level and the extras are devalued/worthless, so you need to factor that in too offset against the tax hit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hence the pity the HSE Black has disappeared.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:44 am

wardie, you are absolutely right that extra options are poorly valued on a resale.

When I configured an HSE and an SE-TECH (the later with options I wanted) there was only £1K difference in the list price after allowing for the Land Rover contribution on the HSE. So I thought it a no brainer to go for the HSE due to the higher resale value. Then I discovered the extra £1.5K hit due to the ‘over £40K’ car tax, whuch turned £1K turned into £2.5K.

On balance, I decided £2.5K was just too much a difference to recover via resale value if I kept the car for 5 years. Of course, others may have different views based upon their own mileage and planned length of ownership.
DS MY18 SE-TECH Petrol 240bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered May’18
Gone:-
DS MY16.5 SE-TECH Diesel 180bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered Apr'16.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:31 am

I always spec a car so I get e actly what I want.
I aim to keep a car 5 years ( but ironic that I have now had 4 new cars in 2 years ,🙄).

If I’m going to drive it and use it , it needs to be exactly what I want and need , without compromise. I buy the car for my purpose , not the next buyer or resale value.

Take the £2500 figure above , that’s an extra £500 a year to have “things” in or on the car I will use and enjoy. I don’t use PCP or a loan so you could say that by paying cash you have no interest payments, thus this saving pays for some extras.

I normally have high spec cars , but the only caution is those “things” I splash out on must work. A good example is ICTP , I didn’t bother with it in any of the DS as it had too many flaws , no voice for Sat Nav being one major issue for me. So in that case, yes I saved about £2,000.
I put up with the slower but functional ICT ....but could I have put up with that for 5 years ? ...that’s another thought.
But in the FPace ICTP was selected as I could see the fixes coming through thick and fast, so my thoughts are , if I chose an option I always do a bucket load of research first..

So if your holding onto a vehicle or wanting the most enjoyment out of your shiny new purchase I’d say chose the options you want, and build the car you want. Does it really matter how much you’ll get for it years down the road?
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”