JLR not renewing 1000 contracts

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Barnsh

Re: JLR not renewing 1000 contracts

Post by Barnsh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I guess he was pushed with a big payoff.
If he can’t sell vehicles in his own native country he’s not doing well.

JLR need an unpopular, heavy handed management , all this do goody , snowflake style is always a disaster in the end.

I’d like to see whoever is in charge of Quality pushed out the door too!,
In fact I’d help push them too. :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Buy british

Post by Buy british » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Oh......somebody is in charge of quality then ?.….........daily schedule, ..... coffee, toilet, meeting, lunch, meeting , tea, toilet, home.

Annual schedule......visit production line ?
Arrived 30/05/18.........HSE 240 petrol..byron blue..18" grey wheels...cirrus leather..adaptive dampers..service pack..
Factory fitted options =... prayer mat, ..shrine to Buddah, ..and some worry beads hanging from the steering wheel.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 pm

I've just spoken to someone who has a very direct line into JLR senior management.

Goss did indeed not leave voluntarily. More job cuts are possible. Doubts the effectiveness of bringing in so many ex. German automotive management staff - resentment within the lower ranks is something I experienced first hand when BMW ewre in control.
Biggest problem for JLR is the massive uncertainty brought about by B**x*t.

Makes one wonder how many of those now losing their jobs voted "leave"
Gone: 2 x DS TD4. Rejected B pillar ticking.
Evoque TD4. Increasing problems.
Arrived: MB GLC 250d.

NoDiscoSport

Brexit Not To Blame for JLR Woes

Post by NoDiscoSport » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Lift up the bonnet and you'll see Brexit is not driving Jaguar Land Rover’s problems

Oliver Gill City AM
On Friday JLR stressed it had spent £4bn since 2010 “to future-proof manufacturing technologies”. But experts this weekend pointed out JLR is pitifully behind in its development of electric and hybrid vehicles.

Brexit uncertainty is a neat explanation, particularly as it absolves company management of some responsibility for the firm’s current predicament. For all its critics, Tesla, as well as JLR's more established rivals, are looking to the future. JLR needs to start doing the same. And quickly.
So who is going to implement these overdue changes? According to the company, as quoted by Automotive News , Felix Braeuetigam will now have responsibility for:
* Global Marketing;
* Product Planning;
* Customer Relationship Management;
* Sales;
* Customer Service;
* Network Development;
* Worldwide Sales Regions,
Here's the previous Management Structure and how it looks now: JLR Executives.

Remember that little difference of opinion between McGovern and Rogers? Perhaps by giving Braeuetigam clear ownership of Product Planning as well as overall control of Marketing, Sales and Support the board has sent out a clear message that they expect designers to design and engineers to engineer?

Let's hope that Felix knows what he's doing.
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 pm

“Lets hope that Felix knows what he’s doing“. Therein lies the potential problem if you look at the size of his brief. In my opinion far too much for one person and he’s not got the reputation of a superman.

weemark

Post by weemark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Impossible for one man to do all of that to any degree of detail - interesting to see CRM and customer service in that list of goodies, not sure I understand the distinction and I wonder how they define "customer"

NoDiscoSport

Post by NoDiscoSport » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 am

weemark wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm
Impossible for one man to do all of that to any degree of detail - interesting to see CRM and customer service in that list of goodies, not sure I understand the distinction and I wonder how they define "customer"
Customer Relationship Management

Customer relations managers handle customer accounts and provide guidance on enhancing customer relationships. CRMs focus on quality, pricing and product differentiation based on their understanding of the customer environment, including customer influences, decision-makers and business challenges. They create and retain customer loyalty and preference by establishing rapport with the customer, planning and developing customer-focused programs, overseeing the resolution of customer concerns and facilitating the delivery of goods or services to the customer.

Customer relations managers work in professional office settings and may also travel frequently to meet with clients. CRMs work with sales managers to achieve budgeted sales targets within specified deadlines. The job can involve long hours, including evenings and weekends. Stress tolerance, the ability to work under pressure and a combination of leadership and customer-facing skills are necessary for job effectiveness.

The core competencies required to perform the duties of a customer relations manager include outstanding leadership, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as advanced knowledge of the practices and procedures for project management, sales, marketing and strategic planning. Effective CRMs also possess advanced knowledge of their company's products and services. They are dynamic public speakers and comfortable when interacting in both one-on-one and group settings, leading teams and liaising with different levels of management.

Customer Service

Customer Service Management will take over if Customer Relationship Management fails to achieve the required results. In most cases this will just involve listening carefully to the customer's requirements and resolving any product issues with the minimum of delay.

Customer

Someone who previously owned some of the cash now held in the corporate sales ledger account.

:shock:
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 am

A lot of empty words with, at least as far as I’m concerned, one very important one missing.

Care.

But of course these days so many don’t.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:24 am

Interesting who the customer is in this situation, as technically JLR sell their products to the dealer not the likes of you and I. Therefore the dealers are the customer.
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

I see Vauxhall are having a hard times too

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... es-plunge/
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”