Discovery Sport Forum banner

parking camera guide lines on 2018

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  BFGDSMan 
#1 ·
Anyone with 2018 equipped with parking camera (touch, no 360 camera) - mine shows only two yellow lines where the wheels are. Shouldn't it display also dashed lines showing where the mirror is and where to stop to be able to open the rear hatch? I've tried to look into settings, but haven't found anything but completely turn off the guide lines or ability to display parking sensors. Anyone knows where to enable the dashed lines?

#8 ·
How odd , I had 360 cameras so can't help further on this one. I had the dotted lines.

#9 ·
My 18my shows where the car will go on the current steering lock, lines for extremities and dashed lines for boot opening. Not the best picture, but you can see what I mean. Hope this helps.

View attachment 1451

Attachments

#11 ·
What do you see once the 'Check surroundings for safety' message has cleared? The photo above shows the buttons for the options.

#14 ·
snowmanx95 said:
This is what I see. No idea how to get the dotted lines to show up :(

backup-cam.jpg
Do you not have the two central icons that GSKM's shows ?

I recall these were on both my DS's. A 16MY and 17MY.

#16 ·
Just to confirm you have pressed the the soft "two cogs" bottom in the bottom right corner you have posted? When you press this you will see two (or three if towbar fitted) buttons, press the top two (one after each other and its might return to the overhead parking graphic in between) to display the fat yellow lines (as above) and the distance markers (as per GSKM's picture). Third (bottom) button shows the single line for the tow hitch and switches off the aforementioned lines.

Hopefully this helps, if not back to the stealer....

#17 ·
So I played with it a bit yesterday evening and here are the results. The two cogs can be pressed only when the camera is activated manually, not when in reverse mode when it is activated automatically. In the reverse mode I can enable/disable radar graphics (on the images below), but neither of them has the dashed lines active:

Computer Personal computer Plant Gadget Flat panel display

Computer Personal computer Output device Gadget Flat panel display

When I activate the camera manually, I can see two buttons - one is the for the guidelines (which can be activated / deactivated) and the other one seems to be for the towbar, however it cannot be pressed and I don't have towbar installed to start with.

Gadget Flat panel display Display device Space Multimedia

Gadget Display device Computer monitor accessory Multimedia Flat panel display

Thoughts?

Attachments

#19 ·
Definitely take back to the dealer - very strange you have the towbar setting as (from experience on my MY 16 and MY 17 cars) this only became active/visible once I had wired in the towbar (both cars were delivered without) and when I removed the towbar from my MY 16 car it went away again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.