New (700 miles) DS and dealer says no to JLRP00100 Oil Changes.

All Discovery Sport related discussions
The Highlander

Re: New (700 miles) DS and dealer says no to JLRP00100 Oil Changes.

Post by The Highlander » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm

I’ve done 20.5k in two years with the 2016 heap and no oil change. It’s also due a service shortly.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm

The Highlander wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm
I’ve done 20.5k in two years with the 2016 heap and no oil change. It’s also due a service shortly.
I guess you were in the land of bliss with no oil service counter and a service light that didn’t show up. ( my second DS was like that, just a DEF counter)
All this dilution stuff only came to light in MY17. I often wonder if JLR regret putting the counter on there 🤔😉.
Some of the early ingenium owners seen on here and Evoque were just told it needs a reset, folks believed this as it was a step change in servicing from 2.2 to ingenium and a genuine error.

I wonder what the diesel dilution level was ?
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:30 pm

True, ignorance is bliss.

shouldvegotamerc

Post by shouldvegotamerc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:11 am

Barnsh wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm
The Highlander wrote:
I guess you were in the land of bliss with no oil service counter and a service light that didn’t show up. ( my second DS was like that, just a DEF counter)
All this dilution stuff only came to light in MY17. I often wonder if JLR regret putting the counter on there 🤔😉.
Some of the early ingenium owners seen on here and Evoque were just told it needs a reset, folks believed this as it was a step change in servicing from 2.2 to ingenium and a genuine error.

Regarding the first part of JLRP00100 dealing with the third counter and the "sleepy" PCM interface that always sent 32k km to the IC.

Didn't loads of people report having the service warning on their iphones in June/July 2016? Those cars would have been 16MY. The evidence I've read suggests that the cars have always calculated the dilution accurately, just that in the early days they had been programmed to - how should one put this politely? - keep it to themselves. Stop and think for a moment. How remarkably convenient it was for JLR that a car exhibiting such profound diesel dilution problems should happen to have another problem with the software responsible for monitoring the knock-on effects of that same problem. So as few people as possible would know about the crappy exhaust system until it was too late. Too much of a co-oincidence there. :roll:
2017 DS HSE Corris Grey

UKSoulie

Post by UKSoulie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 am

Hi if their saying The oil changes due to fuel dilution stopped in June 17 feel free to mention me oil changed last month at 10k oil dilution was at 4.8 %
2017 SE Tech 2.0 Auto Ingenium 178 bhp Diesel Corris Grey

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 am

shouldvegotamerc wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:11 am
Barnsh wrote:
The Highlander wrote:

Regarding the first part of JLRP00100 dealing with the third counter and the "sleepy" PCM interface that always sent 32k km to the IC.

Didn't loads of people report having the service warning on their iphones in June/July 2016? Those cars would have been 16MY. The evidence I've read suggests that the cars have always calculated the dilution accurately, just that in the early days they had been programmed to - how should one put this politely? - keep it to themselves. Stop and think for a moment. How remarkably convenient it was for JLR that a car exhibiting such profound diesel dilution problems should happen to have another problem with the software responsible for monitoring the knock-on effects of that same problem. So as few people as possible would know about the crappy exhaust system until it was too late. Too much of a co-oincidence there. :roll:
Then they'd have killed the app reporting the 'service required' too.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

NoDiscoSport

Post by NoDiscoSport » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:31 am

Dashnine wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 am
shouldvegotamerc wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:11 am
Barnsh wrote:

Then they'd have killed the app reporting the 'service required' too.
For a company so riddled with errors perhaps somebody just forgot about the app. Or maybe they knew that it would be easier to dismiss a phone app message with a shrug of the shoulders and a few casual remarks, "Oh that, it's just a software glitch. Like the spurious low oil warning you had as well, see that's another one. Useless software...." Wait. That IS just what happened and people swallowed it. Totally effective strategy. Then people can say to the judge, "Oh no, sir, not us. No way did we conceal it. Look, there's the phone app. We surely would have disabled that as well - if we were being dishonest like the nasty man is saying."

Thing is, if they DID do something to hide the damaging fault with the exhaust, they would have been obliged to consider every last little detail, including leaving an escape route just like this.
Last edited by NoDiscoSport on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Gone. Not of satisfactory quality. Not as described.

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 am

UKSoulie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 am
Hi if their saying The oil changes due to fuel dilution stopped in June 17 feel free to mention me oil changed last month at 10k oil dilution was at 4.8 %

I believe this applies to vehicles produced post-June 2017.
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

NoDiscoSport

Post by NoDiscoSport » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:26 pm

HmmmUK wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 am
UKSoulie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 am

I believe this applies to vehicles produced post-June 2017.

The policy that they tried to impose on the dealers via JLRP00100 was that any car with a warranty starting 1st June 2017 or later wouldn't qualify for the free oil changes. This clumsily attempted to tie their perceived obligation to provide free oil changes to the date the brochures were supposed to have been withdrawn. For lots of reasons this was a farce: I saw 17MY brochures displayed prominently well after 1st June in several LR establishments.
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Gone. Not of satisfactory quality. Not as described.

UKSoulie

Post by UKSoulie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Has anyone thought about taking this problem to trading standards or maybe Watchdog ?
2017 SE Tech 2.0 Auto Ingenium 178 bhp Diesel Corris Grey

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”