Lost Deposit?

All Discovery Sport related discussions
green genie

Re: Lost Deposit?

Post by green genie » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Having read through again from the beginning in case I missed something, It seems to me that you got such a good exchange deal, (well done) and deprived them of the "opportunity" of screwing extra money out of you by doing the deal on the phone, they are in the position of not caring if the deal goes through or not, as they now have the car to sell on at greater profit eventually to some one else, and meanwhile hang onto your deposit.
If you want true "satisfaction" the answer is to end up with the car, plus what ever else you can get for the "inconvenience."
Built # March 2016, 180 HSE AINTREE GREEN / ALMOND.
7 Seats, no spare, removable tow bar factory fit. 19" wheels.
Panoramic roof.
Location Hampshire , England.
Bought @ Hunters , Southampton. :D

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Very perceptive.

In addition, SWMBO is after a new car herself. I haven’t chucked that in the mix - yet.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 pm

Oh well, the new car arrived at the dealership on Friday. I only knew because I rang them up about getting the old car it’s first service. :roll:

I asked them for a chassis number so I could check on the topix site for spec - they will get back to me. :roll:

They asked me when I’d be able to collect it, told them perhaps 30th of this month. That went down like a lead balloon. :lol:

I asked them about taxing it for 12 months and whatever days. They told me it couldn’t be done like that anymore, so phoned the DVLA and oh yes it can, so sent them a suitable email. :roll:

Note to self, do not buy another %#@+**% Land Rover. :?

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Yup, dealers (and dealers only I believe) can tax the car for a year and a week, otherwise no-ones going to buy a car at the end of a month (picked mine up 31st March).
MY19 P240 HSE (on order), Indus, Black Pack, Privacy, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
MY16 HSE Black, Santorini, Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:35 pm

I despair, this is bread and butter stuff for dealers surely?

I haven’t had a response to the email yet, but then they tend not to acknowledge them.

If I go and pick up the car and they haven’t done as asked with the tax, then I can see myself loosing it and walking away.

RPR

Post by RPR » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:29 am

I'd be standing in the dealer principles office refusing to budge until it was sorted!

I'm normally very polite until it's time to get annoyed. Years ago had a big row with a dealer over my wife's then car a Citroen C3 and a known safety fault. It ended up with me hauling him physically over his desk due to his attitude towards my wife and her safety.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Eco Button 8-)

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am

I can understand why you did what you did.

Unfortunately I am a couple of hundred miles from the dealership I am dealing with so things have to get done by email and phone. Their sister garage is a lot nearer, but wouldn’t do the same deal.

I’ve still not heard back from them today. I will phone them up later.

They should have responded by confirming the car tax is as the DVLA said, giving me the chassis number and confirming the end of the month is fine for collection - have to be because SWMBO and the kids want to come down and visit an Artists exhibition. Everyone getting a day off at the same time is unusual.

It does annoy me, but I contain it on the basis I’d rather talk it through like adults rather than get a bout of Tourette’s.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Gratitude, I got an email from the Sales Manager, confirming the vehicle tax arrangements are okay. ;)

“Hi,

That is fine we are able to do that. xxxxxx will be in contact next week to arrange a day for delivery.

Kind regards”

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”