Rejection Advice

All Discovery Sport related discussions
billdun

Rejection Advice

Post by billdun » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Has anyone successfully rejected a car for the oil dilution, short service interval problem? If so I would be grateful for any tips or advice. So far seem to be in head and brick wall mode.

The story so far. The car is a MY 17 150hp SE Tech bought last May with 3700 miles on the clock. Needed it’s first oil change at 6400 miles in September and looks like the next one is going to be required after a further 4000 miles at the end of the month. I wouldn’t mind (well I would really) but I specifically discussed with the salesman that I normally kept my cars for several years and was assured that this one would be cheap to maintain because of the 2y/21000 mile service interval.
Set the ball rolling on rejection for the usual “not as described”, “not fit for purpose” reasons in October and three and a half months later I feel that I have been treated with utter contempt by the dealer and JLR . So far I’ve had the “driving style” nonsense thrown at me although unsurprisingly they did not reply when I asked them to point me in the direction of the documentation describing the appropriate driving style I would need to adopt to achieve the advertised service interval. I’ve also been told that JLR claim the car is performing as expected. That’s as maybe but the key point is that it is not performing as I was lead to believe it would by the dealers and JLR advertising material. The bottom line is that if I had known that the claims for this car were, to use a good Scottish expression, mince I would not have bought this car. My bad for not researching this forum until too late. By the by I do realise that some peoples experience of the service interval may be different but I do live in a rural area and the car almost never is driven in heavy, stop start traffic.

The final straw came today, or rather let me rewind by a week when I thought there might be a chance of a resolution and a chance for the dealer to redeem themselves when they offered to swap me out of the Disco possible for another make (they are a multifranchise) at a discount. Today’s generous offer was list price on the car I suggested (btw £5k discount is easily available online for these cars) and a cost to swap which implies a trade value for the Disco not much higher than any of the online companies or that I have been offered at another dealers against he same car.

I have Trading Standards teed up ready to go and am in the process of lining up legal representation.

Sorry for the long rant but in 50 years of car ownership I have only once had to escalate a problem to a dealer principal (again a premium brand) but in that case the issue was dealt with quickly and efficiently and I was actually made to feel like valued customer. Sadly not the case here, CRC are you listening?
MY17 SE Tech 150

sceptre123

Re: Rejection Advice

Post by sceptre123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 pm

I'll be surprised if CRC are listening. They couldn't have cared less when I needed support (I have this in writing from them, obviously worded differently!)

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 pm

You are not alone in your feelings , I have messaged another member who has successfully rejected his vehicle he should contact you soon.

And yes several have rejected for this reason , sadly JLR and the dealerships make this process extremely hard. They do that hoping you will give up , so don't !

If needs be get a solicitor , there's plenty of evidence here on the forum and many members are suffering the same problem.

On top of Miss selling under the consumer rights act 2015 here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted

There is also a perhaps more appropriate law The Misrepresenration Act 1967 which applies in your case and that is here
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1967/7

They are just covering it up , they don't care.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

philn

Post by philn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Another one, good luck billdun.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:06 am

Good luck billdun.

I wonder whether or not customer services are keeping note of how many people are rejecting their vehicles? Somehow I rather doubt it.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

sceptre123

Post by sceptre123 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:00 am

You do wonder why CRC don’t follow up with unhappy customers. You can’t ignore that a sustainable business is based upon loyalty and new custom combined. This forum shows a standard pattern of excitement over the purchase of a fantastic and versatile vehicle yet far too often ending in rejection and disappointment. Rejection should be a rare and not well understood, not common language and guidance! I do hope LR CRC listen and fix this before it’s too late.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 am

You're right sceptre but I don't believe that LR CRC really have the clout within the organisation to actually get things changed. I have the impresssion that LR do, to a certain degree listen to dealer feedback. The problem there is that it's apparent that some dealers don't care either. The main thing is we keep complaining in the hope that one day things will change.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 am

CRC get involved if you call them which sometimes helps but 90% of the time just hinders.But they can offer assisted buyback to the dealer to get you a replacement vehicle. They won't assist you with buyback if you want to walk away from the Brand. You could try them and go for a petrol DS as another thought. The car was clearly misssold.

Imortant points :

If you bought the car on Finance you have to reject through the finance company.They own the car , do not be put off by this several others have rejected through Finance.

If you bought the car cash then you reject yourself through the dealer. Remember your contract if you bought cash is with the dealer not JLR or CRC so you need to fight hard and can always get a solicitor involved.

I believe VDS or NDS as he is now known , has now gotten in touch through pm so you will get all the info from him on rejection , please let us know how this goes so we can help others on here that have the same issue.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

simon

Post by simon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 am

Mine was on LR finanace and I rejected through my dealer. I got assisted buy back, a newer model year car and ended up with more trade in value against my D5 because of this. . All in all it was an easy process managed by the dealer.
17MY D5 HSE in Farallon Black 8-)

Traded in - 17MY HSE Lux Corris Grey with Black Design Pack

Rejected - 16MY HSE Lux with Black Design Pack (B-Pillar & Build Quality Issues)

All supplied by the very excellent Shukers of Ludlow

cooknwings

Post by cooknwings » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:49 am

CRC get involved if you call them which sometimes helps but 90% of the time just hinders.But they can offer assisted buyback to the dealer to get you a replacement vehicle. They won't assist you with buyback if you want to walk away from the Brand. You could try them and go for a petrol DS as another thought. The car was clearly misssold.
Almost finished my "rejection" of 20 month old DS. The final e-mail to the dealer included a "Miller oil analysis". (Have a look at it, bottom of page
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6132&start=30). The critical iron (FE) level is 100 ppm and mine was 238 ppm. Silicon was also twice the critical level. This was prior to the second oil change after 16,000 miles. The first lasted 10.000, this one 6,000. The rejection also related to gearbox and starting issues.

JLR were adamant that there was no problem with the oil but then changed their tune and agreed with roughly a £12,000 input via the dealer to the "assisted buyback". The dealership have been very good throughout. The oil analysis can only have helped move the issue forward. Just about to move sideways into a new 240bhp Petrol version. They have said I can continue to use the present one until the new one arrives.

Get an oil analysis and good luck!
Cooknwings
MY 16.5 HSE LUX -rejected (oil, gearbox and starting issues)
MY 18 HSE LUX (petrol)

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”