First trip to the dealers

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Bugginbob

First trip to the dealers

Post by Bugginbob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 am

First trip to the dealers today. Have taken it to Matford in Exeter, supplied by Taunton LR but Matford is part of the same group, has good reviews and is closer to work.

Nothing major wrong but asked them to look at:

Rattle in A pillar
vibration under dash at low speed when turning right
Front scuttle/skid plate not fitted flush
Passenger side headlight washer doesn't retract after use
Temp gauge reading -39
Stereo has lost it's settings a few times
Sat nav routing shocking (dont expect anything to be done about this)
Fan has stopped working a couple of times
Was also advised about Service light action and an ad blue "enhancement" that will be looked at.

Tech was very friendly and knowledgeable, came out for a drive with me to demonstrate the rattles and seemed to think everything could be solved. Advised they wont have the fan part but will get back to me about whether they'll keep it in or will need to see it again. He did say that my 28 real mpg isn't uncommon.

Was angling for a D5 or Velar courtesy car but they only had a manual Evoke or manual DS available. Took the DS as it had seven seats and unsure how long i'll have it. After a 5 mile drive to work i'll never moan about my auto box again. Didnt like the DS manual at all.
MY17 HSE Black, Corris Grey, Diesel Auto
Seat Leon 1.4 Tsi FR Tech
Triumph Scrambler

Chippy

Re: First trip to the dealers

Post by Chippy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 am

It seems you have more than your fair share of problems and whilst when considered individually each is perhaps not major the sheer number of problems would certainly cause me to be more than dissatisfied and I’m pretty patient and understanding.

Good luck anyway in getting them all sorted to your satisfaction.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Chippy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 am
It seems you have more than your fair share of problems and whilst when considered individually each is perhaps not major the sheer number of problems would certainly cause me to be more than dissatisfied and I’m pretty patient and understanding.

Good luck anyway in getting them all sorted to your satisfaction.
Thanks. TBH apart from the light washer stalk sticking out and the fan not working the rest is all pretty minor and I wouldn't have bothered taking it in earlier than it's first service. The light washer just plain annoys me as at this time of year I have to manually stick it back in every time I get out of the car. The fan is more annoying as i've had to give it a nudge twice over the last few weeks. I've started carrying a stick in the boot especially for this. Figured I should get them to try and fix everything if it was going in and I wanted an ad blue top up anyway to make sure it lasts to it's first service.

Interestingly i've done 5.6k (the car 9.9k in total) and the distance to next service has gone up significantly (originally estimating it would be due at 9k when I collected it, now suggesting it'll be due at 15.5k) so assume my "driving style" meets with LR's approval and had I owned it since new I may have even got near the fabled 21k (although god knows whether thats actually done the engine any good). Ad blue range has dropped approx 2 miles for every mile driven though and slightly concerned that may get worse with whatever service action they are doing on it today.

Assuming they fix everything i'll be happy and will buy the car a present next week (towbar)
Triumph Scrambler

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Bugginbob wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 pm
the distance to next service has gone up significantly (originally estimating it would be due at 9k when I collected it, now suggesting it'll be due at 15.5k) so assume my "driving style" meets with LR's approval
My Service Required mileage is bouncing around between 950 (lowest seen) and 1550 (highest - but following a 1100 reading which has been the norm for a few weeks now), so I have no idea what's going on. DEF now needs topping up so may kill two birds with one stone....
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am

My DS wasn’t finished yesterday and was called to say they’ve found an oil leak so unsure whether i’ll Get it back today, especially as they don’t have the fan parts either.

The manual courtesy car averaged 10mpg more than my auto on my commute last night and this morning. Up from 32 on the computer to 42. Wondering whether mine does have an issue for the difference to be this big, even between manual/auto.
Triumph Scrambler

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:02 am

The difference is undoubtedly far too large to be attributable to the fact that the courtesy car has a manual box. Maybe there is something else wrong somewhere.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

Was the manual warm before you started the trip - I find cold start vs warm start of a trip can make that difference as the cold start mpg of the DS is appalling.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:15 am

Dashnine wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am
Was the manual warm before you started the trip - I find cold start vs warm start of a trip can make that difference as the cold start mpg of the DS is appalling.
Nope,the same conditions on both commute home last night and this morning, both cold starts. If anything I probably cruised in the motorway faster in the manual than I would normally in my auto.
Triumph Scrambler

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

My manual regularly gets 42-46 .

I noticed when having an auto short term the mpg was better in sport than d, and eco off.

There's a thread on this anomaly on here too somewhere.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am
My manual regularly gets 42-46 .

I noticed when having an auto short term the mpg was better in sport than d, and eco off.

There's a thread on this anomaly on here too somewhere.
Thanks, have been on that thread and have tried every combination of d/s/eco on/eco off. Makes naff all difference to mine.
Triumph Scrambler

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”