Bluetooth and voice commands

All Discovery Sport related discussions
PeterH

Bluetooth and voice commands

Post by PeterH » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 pm

Good evening,

Recently I bought a Samsung S8. The device makes a Bluetooth connection without any problem.
I am able to listen to all my music and I also was able to change the music by voice command.
However, after the second time this doesn’t work anymore.
Music is still played, but when I ask for a certain Artist the system replies with: “This command is not available for this media device.” (but in my case in Dutch ;) )
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I don’t think I changed anything in the settings of my mobile phone.
Does anyone have an idea what I have to do to make voice commands via Bluetooth work again?
Oh, by the way, commands for making phone calls still work!
Thanks for your reactions.

Peter
HSE Lux Auto 180 bhp, Corris Grey, Eb. Windsor, Eb. Headl., Elec Towbar, Full Spare, Active Driveline, Pan Roof, Keyless Entry w gesture tailgate, Priv. Glass, TSR, ATPC, Cold Climate Pack.
Order: Jan., 11th Build: feb., 8th Exp. delivery: Mar, 16th

Barnsh

Re: Bluetooth and voice commands

Post by Barnsh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Hi for voice to work with music you need to connect through USB.
It's related to the amount of info that can be passed through Blutooth compared to hardwired. (Indexing too as you can't use the alphabet at the top to search music through Blutooth)

When you first get in the car you need to ensure that the hardwired USB is connected after the Blutooth has connected . It also says this in the manual , for hardwired to work it must be the second connection made.

Blutooth grabs both if you connect the hardwired before starting the car. Thus you lose alphabetic search ( greyed out) and voice for music ( gives you the device error).
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

PeterH

Post by PeterH » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:09 am

Hello Barnsh,

Thanks for your reply, I did try it and unfortunately it doesn't work...
I get in the car, start, wait for Bluetooth to connect, then make the hardwire connection from the Media USB port to my phone.
The music from my phone is played, it shows the right amount of songs I have on my phone on the screen, however, the voice command are still not accepted and (like you mentioned) the alphabetic search for artist/albums are greyed out.
Any ideas???

Thanks again, Peter
HSE Lux Auto 180 bhp, Corris Grey, Eb. Windsor, Eb. Headl., Elec Towbar, Full Spare, Active Driveline, Pan Roof, Keyless Entry w gesture tailgate, Priv. Glass, TSR, ATPC, Cold Climate Pack.
Order: Jan., 11th Build: feb., 8th Exp. delivery: Mar, 16th

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi
You have to use the connection under the armrest so hoping your using this one .

Also the first time I connected through USB, once connected I had to go into the media source on the menu and select my iPhone for music after that it connected each time ok when connected second. ( you don't need to go into source each time).
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Nems83

Post by Nems83 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:37 am

Hi,
I’m also interested in any solutions to this problem. I live in Australia and bought my discovery sport in January 2018. I remember the day I picked up my vehicle, the salesman was showing me how to operate some of the features of the car. I distinctly remember (and so does my cousin, who was with me), him showing me how to use voice control to select a song from my connected phone via Bluetooth (I even remember the exact song I asked it to play). Since then this feature has not worked. We have recently had the SD card replaced as it was faulty and had lots of issues. Anyway, I have contacted the salesman and LandRover Australia and they both claim that this is not a feature in the MY18 Discovery Sport??? Despite being able to use this feature on collection of my car and it being displayed on the screen as one of my voice promp options. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? The phone I’m using is an iPhone 7. Thanks :)

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”