SERVICE POLL - UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS

All Discovery Sport related discussions

At what mileage was the first service performed (or will be required) on your 2.0 L DIESEL DS ?

A - First service was performed or will be required at 0 to 4199 miles (0 to 6756 km)
6%
B - First service was performed or will be required 4200 to 6299 miles (6757 to 10137 km)
12%
C - First service was performed or will be required 6300 to 8399 miles (10138 to 13516 km)
25%
D - First service was performed or will be required 8400 to 10499 miles (13517 to 16896 km)
19%
E - First service was performed or will be required 10500 to 12599 miles (16897 to 20276 km)
9%
F - First service was performed or will be required 12600 to 14699 miles (20277 to 23655 km)
6%
G - First service was performed or will be required 14700 to 16799 miles (22656 to 27037 km)
6%
H - First service was performed or will be required 16800 to 18899 miles (27038 to 30415 km)
5%
J - First service was performed or will be required 18900 to 20999 miles (30416 to 33794 km)
7%
K - First service was performed >= 21000 miles - estimated diesel dilution % was not known
4%
L - First service was performed >= 21000 miles - estimated diesel dilution % < 6.1%
No votes
M - First service was performed >= 21000 miles - estimated diesel dilution % >= 6.1%
1%
N - First service was performed after 24 months
1%

Total votes: 151

scratch113

Re: SERVICE POLL - UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS

Post by scratch113 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Just come across this thread and I've posted about this elsewhere, but my car had a software "fix" at around 16,500 miles, part of which was to supposedly fix an issue where the service due alert wouldn't display. The day after the "fix" was performed, the car warned me that the service was then due in 1400 miles. I then drove around 40 miles, stopped to refuel and when I started again it told me that the service was due in 900 miles! By the next morning it was back up to 1100 miles, then went up to 1300 miles, down to 800 miles and then 1200 miles before I managed to get back to the dealer to complain about the issue.

I pressed them to do the service early and even prompted them to check the oil dilution, but they claimed no knowledge of this at all and just told me that the service interval alert just needed resetting. They had the car in for the day (also to fix other issues for supposed "fixes" that hadn't worked) and when I got the car back, it no longer warned me that a service was due.

However when I got to over 20,000 miles I was expecting to be told that the service was due, but... nothing! I eventually had the service done at 20,800 miles (or thereabouts) and the service alert still hadn't come on. I did ask why there's nothing in the Driver Menu to tell you how many miles or days until the next service and they just shrugged their shoulders and said it should be there. Seems it isn't on MY16 cars, but think this was added from either MY16.5 or MY17.

I have no idea whether my car has had an issue with oil dilution or not, but then in 16 months I'll be handing the car back and the way I see it, LR chose not to do the service early, so they can hardly blame me if the engine has an issue when it's 3 years / 45,000 miles old and it's related to poor oil quality or insufficient services - I've followed the dealer's advice, so don't know what else I'm supposed to do!
Now own: MY16 DS HSE Lux, Loire Blue, Ivory leather, Adaptive xenons, detachable tow bar, service pack
Previous: 2008 Audi A5 coupe 3.0TDi Sport quattro, Superchips remap to 295bhp/580Nm, Milltek exhaust, lots of toys.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Scratch 113. I'd report them to a CRC for bad service . Lack of reading the PDF .
Can't do any harm if you end up with major issues in the next 16 minthdy. You've then got he "told you so" card up your sleeve.

Crc may eve contact the dealer and save some other poor person some grief.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

PaulCP

Post by PaulCP » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:22 pm

I know some do not agree with me but I still believe that these rogue dealers (there's no other way to describe them) should be named.

I guess there could be legal issues compiling a list of such dealers on the forum but individuals reporting on how they've been treated shouldn't be a problem. Maybe a "Good service section" and "Poor service section" would suffice for members to comment in
Now: Lexus RX 450h F Sport + Premier Pack
GONE Jan 2018:- HSE Lux Firenze Red (MY17), Ivory Interior, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Headlights, Surround Cameras,

Previous: Range Rover Sport HSE Black Edn, Ipanema Sand

Oldsurfdude

Post by Oldsurfdude » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:31 pm

C- 6300-8399 to first service indicator.
Software updated, and updated AGAIN last week.
Adblu tank just replaced as warning to refill wouldn’t reset, just 1 of 4 in the dealership at the same time for the same issue.
Alleged fuel pipe vibration through bulk head adjusted and tightened for the 4th time, but vibration and resonance still there....
I could go on.... but think I’ll get a beer first!!
DS HSE 2016 with HD towbar kit (5 seats and full size spare!)
Privacy glass and foot rails
Scotia Grey
Worcestershire

scratch113

Post by scratch113 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:41 pm
Scratch 113. I'd report them to a CRC for bad service . Lack of reading the PDF .
Can't do any harm if you end up with major issues in the next 16 minthdy. You've then got he "told you so" card up your sleeve.

Crc may eve contact the dealer and save some other poor person some grief.
Thanks, Barnsh.

I did consider it and seeing as my latest issue is the return of the brake squeal only 7 months since the front brake pads were replaced after a very, very protracted wait for the new design that was supposed to "fix" the problem, then I might raise the issue higher up the chain, but quite frankly I can't be bothered.

I'm not expecting any equity out of my car at the end of the 3 year PCP deal I'm on, so current thinking is I'll be handing the car back and walking away, never to return. I think at the moment I'll be ordering a Skoda Kodiaq, which like-for-like comes in around £10k cheaper and from what I've seen thus far looks an even more practical prospect.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car - love the way it looks, love the comfort, love the toys included in the HSE Lux, but I just couldn't bring myself to have another JLR product when the build quality is so sadly missing and cutomer support promises so much but fails to deliver. I'd far rather have a dealer that actually knew their own product and how to fix it than a shiny dealer showroom and a "free" posh coffee!
Now own: MY16 DS HSE Lux, Loire Blue, Ivory leather, Adaptive xenons, detachable tow bar, service pack
Previous: 2008 Audi A5 coupe 3.0TDi Sport quattro, Superchips remap to 295bhp/580Nm, Milltek exhaust, lots of toys.

green genie

Post by green genie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:07 am

Question/ Should we ..... "Name and Shame" / "Praise". The dealerships that we have the pain/ pleasure to deal with?

Answer/ Include where you bought the car from in your signature,
( up date if applicable, if serviced elsewhere.)

Simples!
Built # March 2016, 180 HSE AINTREE GREEN / ALMOND.
7 Seats, no spare, removable tow bar factory fit. 19" wheels.
Panoramic roof.
Location Hampshire , England.
Bought @ Hunters , Southampton. :D

VeryDiscoSport

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:28 am

I think the problem with name and shame is that frequently poor service is not symptomatic of a general problem at a particular dealership. The undeniably higher than average number of defects in the product and the lack of information from JLR often leaves individuals in a quandary and I suspect this is where a lot of sales and service improvisation comes from. As with any systemic organisational disfunction it must be addressed by cultural change starting at the top and cascading down through the management and distribution chains of command like a supply of fresh water. When that happens things will improve. Until then, shaming individual dealerships is only one step away from lynching a service rep because they made something up when they didn't know what else to say.
17MY SE Tech - Rejected after 167 Days, 6,700 Miles, Full Refund

green genie

Post by green genie » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:47 am

well written,

But the very last thing I want is for "a service rep to make something up"
Built # March 2016, 180 HSE AINTREE GREEN / ALMOND.
7 Seats, no spare, removable tow bar factory fit. 19" wheels.
Panoramic roof.
Location Hampshire , England.
Bought @ Hunters , Southampton. :D

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:10 pm

I think the biggest issues are the cultural / business / ethical differences between dealerships that both we and LR have to deal with. Some of the dealer chains are enormous business covering multiple brands with priorities of their own. Others aren’t which is why some folk are happy, some aren’t.
HSE Black MY16.5 (2.0 180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging, Service Pack.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Valid point D9. And probably nail on head.

The larger dual-arm dealership that JLR are pushing (Sytner/Listers/et al) are having to reach impossible sales targets as well as service targets - you and I both know that GS are under tremendous pressure and strain with Warranty/Assist work, and neither branch can cope. My concern, given the JLR 2020 plan to sell 1m vehicles a year, is that this impossible pressure will continue to grow, the customer will continue to be dissatisfied, JLR won't care, as there are plenty more national franchises vying to take on the work and then what?
Compare your experiences with a big chain multi franchise operator against the likes of, say, Lakeland or Duckworths....two of the remaining few family owned businesses that do a first class job first time every time.

If either of these two were nearer to me, then they would get ALL my ongoing business, as they actually care about customers, rather than hurrying on to the next one to meet that impossible Sales/Service target. How long they can survive in the current JLR rat-race is anyone's guess, but I will continue to support Duckworths on parts for both my Land Rovers, and recommend anyone north of Manchester goes and talks to Lakeland as well - both outstanding for me compared to experiences in the past of Stratstone/Lancaster/Guy Salmon (not Stratford on Avon)
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack
MY13 HSE Lux FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps. - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues!

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”